The King of Rock 'n' Roll

"Hey, Lia

"Hey, Lia. I'm going over to Dina's go get ready for Ricky's party. Are you gonna come?" Sydney asks as she swings by her sister's room.

"Uh, no. Stan offered me a ride there. Thanks anyways, Syd." She smiles. Sydney nods at the girl, before walking out. "Don't be home too late!" Lia could hear her mother shout after her.

"Can't promise anything! I might have sex with every stranger I see!" Sydney responds. Lia chuckles, before grabbing her purse and making her way out.

"Mom, Im going to Stan's." She states. "Looking like that?" Mrs. Novak eyes her daughter. "We're going to the party later. Chillax, mom." She scoffs, walking out.

"Don't be irresponsible like Sydney!" She calls after her daughter. "Why not? She's fun!"

Lia knocks on Stanley's door, being met with a shirtless Stanley Barber in only a towel.

"Oh, hey Lia." He grins. "Oh— hey. Hey, Stan." She says, forcing herself to look away from him. "Sorry about my appearance. I'm just about to get ready. Wanna help?" He inquires.

"Yeah, sure." She nods, following him inside and downstairs to his room. "Alright. So, I need your help." Stanley states as he grabs her hand, pulling her down.

"Yeah, sure." She chuckles, taking a seat on the couch. "So, you're a girl, right?" He speaks up. "Uh— Yeah. I think." She chuckles. "Well, you know how a girl wants to be asked to homecoming. And I wanted to— practice, I guess." He grins.

"Who are you gonna ask?" She sighs. "Well, a certain redhead that I've liked for quite a while." He walks up in front of her, now in a pair of shorts.

Lia can't help but blush, staring into his hazel eyes. "Sydney Novak. What a girl." He says, smiling to himself. Lia's idiotic smile falls.

"Syd. Right. Well, how are you gonna ask her?" She nods, pulling a strand of her hair behind her ear. How could she be so stupid to think he meant her?

"Alright so." He claps his hands together. "Syd, homecoming's around the corner, and there's never really been a better time to..." He begins, but stops as Lia holds her hand up.

"Okay, Stan. You're pathetic." She laughs. "Okay, okay. That's fuckin' stupid. It's not a fuckin' clearance sale." The boy mutters, causing her to laugh.

As much as it pained her that he didn't want her, she at least wanted him to be happy with Sydney. If she came in the way of that, she'd feel beyond horrible. Although, she knew Sydney didn't like Stanley back.

"Syd, you know homecoming can be lame, but I was thinking maybe we could be lame together." Stanley continues. "You can say that again, lameass." Lia jokingly boos,  causing Stanley to send her an unamused look.

"What?" She giggles. He sighs, taking in a deep breath right after. "Syd, go to homecoming..." he spits out all at once. "Ugh. That was forceful." He stops himself.

"Look,  Stan. Just go with your gut, alright? Be simple." Lia suggests. "My gut always does shit for me." He responds, taking a seat beside her.

"Hey, I know what'll work. A great outfit. Who's got cooler clothes than the Stanley Barber?" She nudges his shoulder. "Clothes! Yes! Perfect!" He exclaims, running over to his closet.

Stanley walks out in a pair of blue pants, and a tropical T shirt. "Yeah, no." Lia laughs.

Next, he walks out with a button up shirt, filled completely with fall leaves. "Try again." Lia shakes her head.

Next, he exits wearing a ridiculous green shirt, checking himself in the mirror, even disgusted by himself. The red head makes a buzzer-like sound, causing him to flip her off.

"Love you too, Stan." She chuckles. "Maybe music will make this better." He grins, starting the record player. Lia gags at the choice. "This song, really? The king of rock 'n' roll."

"Hey! I like this song!" He slaps her arm, then pulls her up, beginning to dance around. He jumps onto his stairs, then back down, then spins her around.

"Dude. Come on, we're gonna be late to the party." She laughs, beginning to feel dizzy. "We can be fashionably late." He responds.

"Yeah. There's no being fashionable in that." She motions towards his outfit. "Here. Let me look." She let's go off his hand, rummaging through his messy closet.

"Ooh. This is perfect." She grins, pulling out a blue set, along with a white Tee shirt. "You think Syd will like it?" Stanley asks, taking it and walking out to the bathroom.

"Yeah. She'll like it, Stan." She sighs, tiredly taking a seat down on his couch. "Oh, Lia. I forgot to tell you earlier, but you look great, too. I dig the dress." He calls.

Lia smiles, although he couldn't see. "Thanks, Stan."

Just then, he walks out of the bathroom. "So? What do you think?" He asks, lightly pulling down on the end of his jacket. "It's perfect, Stan. You're the king of rock 'n' roll." She says with an Elvis Presley impression.

"Thanks, Lee. Alright, m'lady. You ready to go?" He asks, holding out his hand. "Ready when you are." She takes it gleefully, following him up the stairs.

As they walk to the front door, they pass by his father, who judgmentally looks at two. "Oh. You're home." Stanley sighs, instantly tightening his grip on Lia's hand.

"You look like a faggot." His father responds. "Hey, first off, that word is extremely disrespectful and you should back the fuck off." Lia begins.

"Lee, it's fine." Stanley mutters. "Second, Stanley looks great." She concludes. "What? She your girlfriend or something?" Mr. Barber inquires.

"No." Stanley shakes his head. "Well, I figured since she's just as obnoxious as you." The man chuckles. Lia holds herself back from yelling, before looking at the disappointed Stanley.

"Great talk, Dad." He says, pulling Lia away and to his car.