TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

THE WARM SUN RAYS SHINED DOWN ON THE rough rocks guarding the enormous humanoids that were called Giants. The men were dressed in animal's wool or fur with scars decorating their bodies. Their signature scowls were painted on their faces as many of them were sparing with their follow comrades. The giant race was known for their strength and strong connection to the Earth. Humans would ask for their assistance in wars or petty rivalries with other kingdoms. In return, they would pay them with currency and the satisfaction of fighting.

Or even death.

The giant was only known for being a use to humans and just being flat out brutes. However, not every giant was like that. Some had hearts of gold for other races and the Earth itself. Those giants went against what they were taught from birth. They had strayed away from the stigma and lacked the thirst for war.

Loud booming footsteps echoed through the closest forest to the home of the giants. Birds and small animals ran for their lives once they heard the footsteps coming closer and closer. It wasn't just footsteps but peaceful humming as well.

The footsteps came to a halt then a loud, feminine yawn erupted from the giant. "Great, all the prey were scared away." she sighed.

She started to walk around again while looking around the area. Her long flowing hair swayed back and forth as she walked along with her cheetah dress that reached her knees. The giant had a fair skin with slender olive eyes. Brown freckles were scattered all over her cheeks and T-zone, giving a more adorable look then frightening.

She was truly beautiful, a sight to behold.

As she kept walking, her stomach rumbled scaring any other nearby animals. She groaned in frustration and pinched the bridge of her nose, closing her eyes. "How am I going to find dinner if I kept scaring away the animals.."

*sniffle*

Even with the smallest sniffle, it didn't escape the giant's ears. She opened her eyes and looked around the area for the source. "What on Earth-" she quickly gasped when her eyes landed on the small child huddled up inside a tree. From what she could see, the child was trembling in a fetal position. Cautiously, she approached the tree and knelt down to her level causing winds to blow under her. "Hello little one."

The small child gasped and scramped on the feet. The giant smiled as they waved their hands. "No no, no need to be scared. I'm Fujii, what's your name?" Instead of answering the child continued to tremble in place, looking at their feet. Fujii lowered her eyes, "Why are you all alone? Where are your parents?"

The child didn't answer, all they could do was look up at the enormous figure with horror in their eyes. Fujii worried glance turned into a gentle smile as she extended her hand out to the child. The young girl leaned in, enjoying the warm touch of the giant.

Soon enough, the young child was out of the tree and into the hand of the female giant. As Fujii examined the child, she asked a simple question.

"What's your name?"

The child answered in a nervous tone, "Jol." Fujii looked back at the tree in awe at its length and unnaturally structure. It was completely different from the other around it. Could the child have made this..? She turns back to Jol, shrugging off her theory. "Let's get you cleaned up. Afterwards, we can get you back home, ok?"

Hearing this, Jol started to sob uncontrollably. Fujii flinched, feeling the child's small tears hit her giant palm. "What's wrong child?"

Jol couldn't answer, whenever she tried her hiccups would interrupt her shaky answer. Fujii's heart ached for the child. 'Maybe her family is gone? Maybe she's just lost?' She held Jol close to her as a way to comfort her. This helped Jol to calm down. "Hush now child. Let the winds of the trees soothe you..to sleep."

Suddenly, Jol's eyes started to flutter close. Her trembling body wobbled from side to side before hitting Fujii's large palm. The large giant sighed with relief and looked up to the sky. There she saw a plum of smoke coming from ahead. Her curiosity got the best of her and she decided to follow to the source of the smoke.

At the edge of the forest, she could see a kingdom in the distance. She could hear the screams and hollers of the people residing in the kingdom and the sounds of attacks erupting from it. Her eyes widened in realization. She looked back at Jol and gasp in disbelief.

"You poor thing..."