FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

NIGHT SOON FELL ON THE KINGDOM OF LIONES. Most of the citizens have gone home for the night, resting from a long day no doubt. For the little Flower Knight (as she nicknamed herself) she was still as lively as ever; bouncing up and down on Elizabeth's queen-sized bed.

"Your room is so big!" Jol squeals, leaping off of the bed to the floor. She claps her hands and starts to pop up in different places as she was swallowed up by her newly found rabbit-like holes. Elizabeth giggles while claps her hands as she watches Jol jump around until she landed in front of her making her blush.

"I want to go out, want to come with me?"
Elizabeth starts to sweat nervously from the question. "I-I want to but...father said not to leave the castle again..."

Jol pouts at her response before smiling deviously. "If we can't go outside the castle," she says, grabbing Elizabeth's hand. "then we'll stay in the castle!" Jol then claps her hands again hopping down another rabbit-hole taking Elizabeth down with her.

Elizabeth screams as they both slid down the tunnel but her shrieks were muffled by Jol's laughter. They later appeared in the castle kitchen, startlingly the cooks and servants. The two girls look back at each other, eyeing one another's messy hair or wrinkled nightgowns.

"You look silly!" Jol snorts.

Elizabeth whines, pointing at Jol bashfully. "You do too!" They both paused, staring into each other's eyes before bursting out laughing. The cooks and servants watch the two girls confused and shocked at what was happening. Jol caught their eyes and waves at them, grabbing Elizabeth's hand once again. "Come on, let's try some sweets!"

Elizabeth nods as she follows Jol. The two girls made their way down to the countertops filled with tasty treats and leftovers from the previous night. Not too far from them was a stack of steaming, freshly baked cookies. Seeing the tasty delicacies, Jol's mouth starts to water. She jumps up and grabs a cookie, taking a big bite out of the treat and hums at the taste. "This is really tasty!"

Hearing this, Elizabeth hesitatingly grabs one for herself and took a small bite. She beams, putting her hand on her cheek. "Yummy!"

[a/n: Have you guys noticed that anime characters take the smallest bites known to man?]

After trying the rest of the cookies, the girls continued to roam the kitchen, trying more treats that the cooks kindly served. As the kept trying all these delicious desserts, their stomachs began to grumble signaling they were both full. Jol licks her lips hungrily, rubbing her swollen tummy. "That was the best, you guys make the best food!"

The head cook bows before them, "Thank you, princesses."

Jol flinches at his words.

"You got it all wrong! I'm not a princess, I'm a holy knight to this princess." she points to Elizabeth with a proud smile. Elizabeth blushes at her comment, brushing it off. "Jol.."

The brown girl snickers, "Come on, there's a bunch of others places to see!" And with that, another small rabbit-hole appears beneath their feet, swallowing the two girls up whole. The hole closes up leaving the cooks getting worried but at the same time astonished.

Jol and Elizabeth shortly reappear in the throne room where Meliodas and the other sins stood in front of the king himself. However, the two girls weren't on safely on the ground like last time but were still in the air from the angle of which of the tunnel opened.

Their giggles caught the attention of those in the room and they looked back surprised to see the little angels. The two say a friendly hello as they fall back in the hole. Once the hole closes back up, the king tries to process what exactly he just saw. "Should we be worried?" he asks, turning to Meliodas.

To which he replied, "Nah, Jol's her little knight, she'll protect her."

Beside him was the sin of sloth, the man they named King. (Not to get confused with the actual king) He was plump man with silly brown haircut. King seemed to always bore a frown whenever he was seen but he was known by those close to him to have the biggest heart around. Almost like an actually king himself. He looks at Meliodas with worried eyes.

"A little girl?"

Ban tucks his hands in his pockets. "Trust me, she was that powerful source of magic from earlier."

"Really?" Another deep voice asked, making the white eyed bandit look up towards him. The man was the tallest on there with the most defined physique in the room. He appeared to be a middle aged man with a prominent colored brown mustache. His brows were furrowed. "Was she really?"

Meliodas nods. "Apparently they were playing Princess and the Knight and Jol built a huge tower. One thing led to another and Elizabeth fell from it but Jol caught her."

"They seem close don't you think?" This voice was more slender and feminine belong to the Sin of Envy, Diane the Serpent sin. Instead wasn't actually inside herself, she was safely standing out the castle in garden listening to the conversation with the others.

You know, being a giant and all.

"Yes, they already seem to be inseparable." Diane turns to her other female comrade Merlin, the Sin of Gluttony. She smirks, crossing his slim arms under her exposed chest. "So quickly too."

The king shook his head.

"What should we do about her going home?"

"We should put out some posters about a lost child. I know sketcher," Escanor said in a low voice.

"No need," Merlin says, looking down at the floor. The king turns to her confused. "I already know who to call."

Meanwhile, on the other side of the castle, Jol was up on one of the towers with Elizabeth beside. They watched the sunset and the villagers that walked the streets below them. Both of them had come down from her sugar high and were exhausted. Jol sighs, closing her eyes. "I'm pooped..."

"You did eat all of those cookies."

Jol irks, looking at Elizabeth. "You did too! I don't get it, how can you be so calm!"

The little princess looks away, staring at the ground with soft eyes. Jol calms down, scooting closer to Elizabeth. "Hey..what's wrong?"

Just as Jol said that Elizabeth quickly pulls her into a hug. Jol stiffens in her grasps and starts to stutter out, "H-Hey, what are you-"

"T-Things were never like this before." Jol pauses when she hears Elizabeth's tone and looks up to meet her discolored eyes. "Everyone is so much older an-and everything is so...serious here! But with you, You bring all the fun! I..I feel so happy!"

Jol's cheeks start to warm at her words, she looks to the side embarrassed. "T-Thank you, Princess."