SIX

CHAPTER SIX "WHAT?!"

CHAPTER SIX
"WHAT?!"

"You heard me, I need you to take Elizabeth and Jol out for me." Ban repeats nonchalantly. He lazily plucks some earwax from his ear and flicked it to the ground. "They asked Captain but he said I'll take 'em but I don't want to."

"S-So why do I need to tag along?!" King shouts angrily. "I have nothing to do with this! This is your mess!"

Ban rolls his eyes, turning away from his comrade. "Well, I don't want to be alone with the mini devils. Plus, don't you like kids?"

"That's not the point! You signed me up for something I don't want to do either Ban!"

"Oh please, what are you so busy with anyway? Peeping on Diane while she dreaming and waits for the Captain? Think of it this way, you get fill your normally empty schedule." Ban sneers. King frowns at the insult clenching his fist but Ban is unfazed by it and just continues to chuckle.

"Excuse me?" Hearing the soft voice, Ban and King looked down to see Jol and Elizabeth side by side with a basket in their tiny six-year-old hands. Jol beams once she catches their attention, "We're ready to go!"

King groans, side eyeing Ban. He leaned in close to his ear with a sly smirk. "You don't wanna go against the Captain's wishes do you?"

"Captain didn't even mention me!"

"He did when I brought up your name, he thought it was good idea to have you come along too~." Ban put his hands behind his head and start to walk off. "Ok come on let's get this over."

Jol took hold of Elizabeth's hand and pulled her along with King behind them. The four of them walked towards the nearest forest to the kingdom and began their searching for flowers. It wasn't quiet for long with Jol being the chatterbox she was. She turns to King with a cute grin. "So King, why do you have that name? Are you a King too? Do you have a kingdom? Do you have knights? Oh oh! Do you have a castle? If so, where is it?!"

King could feel his right eye twitch in annoyance. It was obvious he didn't want to converse with Jol but her six year old brain was too oblivious to care or even notice his mannerisms. He tried to ignore her questions but it seemed to be an impossible task. 

King's eyebrow twitched as he grew more and more irritated. Ban couldn't hold back his laughter anymore and bursted out into tears. "Your f-face!" he hollers. King's face was sour and bitter, something you don't see often on a fairy. While this was happening, Elizabeth looked back down at Jol's vacant small brown hand. With a faint blush painted her cheeks as she awkwardly moved her hand and gently grasped Jol's hand. Jol looks back at Elizabeth confused. "You ok Princess?"

Elizabeth looks down in embarrassment. "I just wanted to hold your hand...is that ok?" Before she could even pull away from Jol's hand, her flower knight smiled at her response. "Of course! Anything for you!" At that moment, Jol tighten her grip dominating her hold on Elizabeth's hand, making the her smile.

King only watched the scene play out with his eyes softening. Though he would never admit it, he was a sucker for kids. However, this didn't change the fact he didn't want to be here no matter if Jol and Elizabeth holding hands was cute or not. Ban noticed King's aura change from awww to ughh. He snickers before looking back at the rascals, "Alright you rats. Get back to your damn flower pickin' so we can get the back home."

Soon they arrived to the outskirts of the flower field. Jol claimed found it yesterday after she was hopping around the outskirts of the kingdom with Elizabeth. King reminded them that they weren't supposed to be outside but when did either of them ever followed the rules? Jol gasps, running into the open field with Elizabeth right behind her. "We're here!"

The two girls laugh and giggle as they ran deeper into the patch of flowers. Ban and King walked/flew right behind them looking around with bored looks on their faces. The immortal man lazily tucked his hands in his pocket. "Finally we're here."

King still was looking around, examining the field. All the walk for this?

"Kingy!"

An irk mark hits King's forehead. "My names not-!"

"Look!" Jol calls, cutting him off. She flies up to King's level and shoves a flower in his face making him flinch. "Here!" King takes the flower for her hands and squints his eyes. It was a simple yellow rose, after figuring that out he looksback at Jol, confused. "What's this for?"

Jol grins, "Momma said that this flower means friendship and since you came with me and Princess, you're my friend!" King's blush brightens, his heart warming at her words. He looks back at the yellow rose as Jol flew over to Ban and shoved another yellow flower in his face. "You too Ban!"

"What the hell? I don't want a flower."

"But you're apart of our flower family!" Jol whines.

King tunes them out while he stares the flower. Just by looking at the flower, he could picture Elian smiling at him from when he was the King of the Fairy King's Forest.

Welcome back, Harlequin!

A single teardrop came down onto a small petal of the rose. King's eyes were soon flooded with tears with a blank slate face. It was clear that Jol reminded him of Elaine, a person he loved dearly but lost to his own mistakes. Maybe that's why he didn't like to be around Jol that much. The memories he tried all his might to suppress were simply just too much. But it's hard to ignore such a caring girl who wants nothing more than to be in your life.

"Sir King?" Elizabeth tugs on his pants bringing him back from his trance. Jol hovers beside him, tilting her head cutely. "Are you ok?"

King sighs looking at Jol then back at Elizabeth. "Yes, Princess I'm fine. Thank you."

Jol comes up in front of him and pokes his chest "Hey! I'm only allowed to call her Princess King!"

"Then what should I call her?"

"Anything else!" King laughs along with Ban and Elizabeth as a blush paints Jol's cheeks. "What's so funny?!"