NINE

CHAPTER NINE "I AM JOL, THE FLOWER KNIGHT!"

CHAPTER NINE
"I AM JOL, THE FLOWER KNIGHT!"

An awkward silence laid on the small group of children after Jol announced herself. She began to sweat out of nervousness and anticipation, "Did I say something wrong?" she asks bashfully.

Boston rose a brow crossing his arms over his chest.

"Are you playing a game or something?"

"This isn't a game!" Jol slings her arm around Elizabeth pulling her close to her causing the princess to blush, "I was bestowed to Princess' flower knight!"

"That's not how you say bestowed..." A little boy said, hiding from behind Boston. He had black hair and shy green eyes, he was much smaller than his brother.

"Anyways, who gave you the right? You're little just like us!" Boston hollered.

"Brother, please calm down..."

"Oh yeah?!" Jol places a hand on her hip, giving a cocky smile. "I gave it to myself since I vowed to protect Princess with my life!"

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I'd never hurt her!"

"But you just did..." Jol frowns confused, turning back to see that Elizabeth was on the ground shedding a salty tear from her eye. Jol's immediate reaction was to scream and panic. Dropping to the floor, Jol hugs Elizabeth gently examining her. "Are you ok Princess?! I-I-I didn't mean to hurt you, I promise!"

In the mist of everything, Jol somehow managed to knock Elizabeth down when she put her hand on her hip. The brown girl hiccups, on the verge of tears. How can I a knight if I hurt the Princess like this.... A pale hand moved to Jol's shoulder Elizabeth smiled sweetly, "I'm ok Jol, I promise!"

Jol sniffles, "You promise?"

"Mmhm!" Elizabeth nods cutely, "I'm ok!"

"Okey dokey!" Jol's mood was immediately lifted, only lasting for a few seconds. Boston, who was watched the whole thing, was snickering in the background with Shane next to him staying silent. "You girls cry over anything, you guys really are weak!"

"Am not!" Jol shouts, glaring at Boston the snob, "A knight is never weak! I'm strong, just like Princess!"

"You don't know what a knight is, do you?" Boston asks smugly, "A knight is a strong man who doesn't cry over little things. He's as tough as a rock and strong as steel, that's who I'm gonna be."