"This is not final. It's always your choice."

"I hope so" She replied with a small smile.

"If aunt's persuasive. You have two brothers. I am sure they will listen to you."

"Yeah right," She scoffed. "My brothers are of no use. Just forget about Danish, you can never expect anything from him. As for Ibaad bhai, he is a lost case now."

I wanted to tell that brothers always hold good for their sisters, but I was stopped by her mother.

"Najma come baby, quick. They are waiting." Her eyes fell on me. "Kashaf!" Her tone dropped in disappointment. "You are back home. You seem tired. The guests will bore you. Just go to your room and take rest."

With that, she dragged Najma out. That woman knows the perfect way to sugarcoat hatred. Just tell you don't want me there.

********
"Where were you?" Zain asked me from the laptop.

The familiar ambience of my room greeted me. "Was talking into Najma."

Always on the laptop. Can't he just take a day off? "Since when you are her friend?"

I ignored his question and headed straight to the bathroom to obey my nature's call. I then changed myself into something comfortable and came to sit beside him.

"I am not her friend. Apparently, some family is here to take a good old look at her for their son. Thought I could ease her nerves."

"Someone's bonding." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at his remark. "Don't avoid my question this time. Were you both really on a relationship?" I closed his laptop to get his complete attention.

"Ya Allah! Woman, can't you see the truth? We don't have or had anything between us."

"Then why did she hug you? Why did she sworn to make my hell "for snatching you away from her" I quote her words. "Why was she always referring to you as hers?"

"I don't know. Maybe aunt created some kind fantasies of her and me when she failed in marrying Zara and Ibaad. There was nothing between us. I think she was trying to provoke you." He pulled me closer, closing the distance between us.

"How would I know?" I snuggled more into him.

"You should trust your husband." I could feel him smirking.

"Yeah, like you trusted me with Ibaad." I replied with a scowl.

"I'm sorry, Kashaf." He moved to look at me. His face held a genuine apology.

"Don't point finger at me, Zain Usman, because I've got lots to accuse you." I shifted back to hug him.

"Sorry for all those, madam." He kissed my hand making me let go of any possible anger I had for him.

"So Zara and Ibaad, why didn't it happen?"

"Because he loved Hassan's sister." Before I ask anything else Zain paced a finger in my lips. "Shush! Enough with the interrogation." With that, he snatched any more of my words with a kiss.

We finally pulled apart gasping for air, he ran his hands in my hair, leaving me to blush with every passing second. "How about Paris for a honeymoon? This month-end what say?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out. I still couldn't process our kiss and now this. He must be kidding. He is kidding, right?

"That's amazing" Honestly, I didn't expect anything. The honeymoon was long forgotten. I was just pulling his legs yesterday. I never thought he would take it seriously and that too Paris? "Isn't that too expensive?"

A Marriage of Thorns!!!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें