Chap-3

*Unedited*

"They are here" Saba squealed.

My heartbeat started to rise. I always wondered how does a girl get nervous in her engagement or marriage. I don't have the exact answer, but I'm feeling nervous now. My hands are wet due to sweat.

"They are just three," Saba said looking through the window. "That's your future husband it seems, why are you facing another side, man? " I looked at her with boring eyes. What's the use of taking a glance, when I will be spending my whole life with him?

"Palat! Palat!! (Turn, turn)" she was jumping. I slapped her hand. "Ouch Shaf! It hurts " she groaned massaging her hand.

"He's gone, it's all because of you Shaf" I rolled my eyes.

"You can see him downstairs"

"Kashaf, come down child" Ammi entered the room "Masha Allah looking beautiful" she kissed my forehead.

"Magic of whose hand? " Saba asked touching her imaginary collar.

"My beauty," I said with a smirk. " your beauty is on ordinary days, but today it is my magic"

"Shut up girls. Come out in a few minutes" Ammi said.

"Let's have some touch-up!" Saba said. She helped me in adjusting my hijab and I reapplied the lip gloss. I looked at my reflection in the mirror I was looking beautiful just as the ammi said. This peach colour dress seemed to be perfect for me. White stoned work on the neckline & the border made it even more pretty.

"Let's go," Saba said standing next to me. I nod my head saying yes.

There were two ladies. One has her back facing me and the other will be around ammi's age. Both had hijabs on. My abbu is not here and I could hear his voice from the living room. It means he is with Zain.

"Assalamualaikum!" I greeted them.

"Walaikumassalam" They replied.

"Kashaf, she is Zain's mother and she is his sister, Zara" ammi introduced them. I must say they both are extremely pretty.

Hold on I know this girl, mean I have seen her somewhere. Where??? Yeah, got it. She was the same girl who was fighting with her brother yesterday in the mall. That means his brother is Zain. I must say he was handsome.

My thoughts were interrupted by her "Where you at the mall yesterday?". I nodded.

Her mother or my future mother in law asked me a few questions, like my studies, etc. "Thanks to Allah the marriage is within a week or else we won't be attending it," She said holding my hand.

We gave her a questioning look "We are going to Dubai".

"Let us begin the engagement ceremony," Zara said taking a small box from her bag.

"Saba, call your uncle,"ammi said.

In a minute, abbu came along with my soon to be fiancé. Mohsina aunty aka Zain's mom slipped a beautiful diamond ring on my finger. It was silver in colour with a big diamond at the centre and small stones encircling it.

Abbu did the same with Zain. He looked at me and my eyes drained themselves in his amazing eyes for a few seconds until my cheeks started to turn red indicating that I'm blushing for the first time in my life. Okay, it may not be the first time but I don't remember the last time I blushed.

"Congratulations to everyone," Abbu said clapping his hands.

"So the marriage is on coming Sunday" Mohsina cupped my face and added "I can't wait to make you my daughter in law" I gave her a genuine smile.

"We must take leave, it is getting late," Zain said. Oh my Allah, he beamed me a smile, truly a heart-melting one.

"See you soon" Zara whispered hugging me.

*******

"How about this?" Saba showed a lehenga. "No" I stated.

I was engaged yesterday and now I'm doing my wedding shopping along with Saba, Ammi, Shazia aunty(Saba's mom) & my favourite person in the world- Aunt Uzaifa, ammi's only sister. She doesn't have any child and so she treats me like her own. Being the only girl on my maternal side, I'm treated like a princess by everyone. You got me right I'm pampered a lot and a spoilt brat.

It is my wedding but to be more precise it feels like Saba's. She is more concentrated on her shopping and God knows why she wants a lehenga. Can't she wear a dress? The answer to this is: You marry once, so I have to look best at my friend's wedding and a lehenga is a perfect choice for it. Also if you're planning to marry twice and thrice, then no problem I'll wear the same lehenga every time. Her words, not mine.

"You two select your dress till then we will finish our shopping" ammi said. We both nodded.

"And Saba, don't exceed the budget" Shazia aunty warned her.

Do you know what's the best part of this whole marriage thing, ammi is happy. She is not depressed anymore.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to find Zara."Hi!"She hugged us both.

I don't know what has happened to my eyes it searched for someone "Sorry to say but Zain is not here" I blushed at his name.

"Aww...someone's blushing" She and Saba cooed grabbing everyone's attention. We talked for about ten minutes until Zara's phone started ringing. "I have to go my dear husband is waiting for me," she said. We gave her a questioning look "What? I'm married". She left soon and we continued shopping. After meeting Zara, I would say I'm lucky to have her as my sister in law.

"Shaf, look" Saba pointed to my right. "Perfect" I showed her thumbs up.

Really that lehenga was indeed pretty. It had a dark blue top and white colour lehenga with a big border at the bottom. Its dupatta was violet in colour with a silver border. If my wedding dress is not from Zain's side, I would have surely bought it.

The rest of the time we spend shopping for my dresses and cosmetics. This marriage is small with very very less people but I want everything to be perfect.

Mehendi Ceremony(A day before Nikah)

Some girl is applying mehendi(henna) on my hands and it was really beautiful. House is packed with guests, actually only family members.

"Is your fiancé handsome?" asked Aakifa, my cousin. Being not a shy girl I nod my head saying yes.

"At least show little shyness," said Aatifa. Yes, Aakifa and Aatifa are twins. "You know I'm not that kind of girl" I shrugged. "Yeah! Yeah!" They said in unison.

All of sudden the whole house squealed in amazement. Do I'm missing something?

"Shaf, look at your wedding dress," Saba said placing the dress before me.

Just a look at it made my mouth hang down "Wow..."

The outfit of Saba is at the side ------>

As for Kashaf's outfit, I will post it in the next chapter.

Do you like this? Yes, then plz vote and comment. Thanks for all your support and plzzz continue it.

Get ready for Kashaf & Zain's marriage, I mean "A marriage of thorns!!!"

:)

A Marriage of Thorns!!!जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें