13:Tilling

The alleyway in the rough neighbourhood is narrow and long

The alleyway in the rough neighbourhood is narrow and long. Bolin's expensive shoes stand out as he walks through it, like he owns the place. A few shifty eyes look him up and down, wondering if they can fleece him. But a few metres away, four muscled men in dark glasses,  dressed in all black, are walking behind him. Something tells them, no matter how rich looking he is, it's not worth the inevitable trouble he would bring, to their already bleak existences. Bolin smiles cockily, as if he is aware of their mental calculations, a smile steeped in the privilege of always getting one's way.

He walks into the dingy brothel and immediately spots her. The place is almost empty, save for a few dodgy customers, who are either on their way out, or contemplating their wallets, deciding whether they can afford to be here, so early in the day. It's been 6 months since she left the house, 6 months since his nose was broken, and 6 months since he has been itching to find his little brother. She doesn't immediately see him, as she scribbling something down in a notebook.

Bolin slithers up to her and says.

'What's a man gotta do to get some service in this place?'

She looks up startled, before closing her face off, when she realizes who is speaking. Bolin laughs, amused by her mask.

'It's been too long Madam Hong.'

'Master Bolin...what brings such an esteemed person like you to these humbles parts?' She says in a mildly sarcastic tone.

'If I said I have missed you would you believe me?' He purrs.

She says nothing, resuming writing in her notebook. Bolin chuckles at her new found disobedience, and then makes a big show of looking around the place,  with a faint look of disdain etched on his face.

'You've certainly come a long way down from the big house haven't you? Even your trade mark red lipstick looks faded.' He tsks.

'Did you come all this way to state the obvious?' Madam Hong responds with a sharp bite in her tone.

Bolin laughs loudly,

'Ah the real you finally comes out, fangs and all...I love it!...For now.' He sneers. 'Let me cut to the chase shall I? ...I'm looking for my brother, and I need your help.'

'The last time you said that to me I lost my position.' She sighs. 'I don't know where your brother is Master Bolin. I haven't seen or heard of him since... that night.'

'Ah but you might know how to lead me to him.'

'She looks at him with a deadpan expression. A little impatient now he snaps,

 'Where did you find Shen Yue from?'

A look of understanding dawns on Madam Hong's face, the mention of Yue's name stirring up a promise she made to herself.