3: The Planting

The gloved hands are uncomfortable, as she lies on the examining table

The gloved hands are uncomfortable, as she lies on the examining table. She is still tender from last night, and this morning's trysts. Having this strange old woman touching her intimate area, feels violating.

'She has passed.' The woman speaks in a gravelly voice. 'Everything went as planned.'

'Well Shen Yue, I certainly am pleased to hear that.' Says Madame Hong, giving her a beady eyed grin. 'You came highly recommended by your Mother, she said you were very skilled in this department. An Expert! That's what the young Master needed.

'The old woman snorts.

'Doubt she was skilled let alone an expert. This one was a virgin before yesterday.'

Madame Hong looks at Yue incredulously before turning back to the old woman.

'Are you sure?'

'My exams never lie.'  She replies, looking at Madame Hong dourly.

Madame Hong hisses, annoyed.

'I've never liked your mother! She and I go a long way back, we started out together as young girls, but she always was a bit of a liar, albeit a talented one. Her eye for girls as concubine material, is what has kept her alive this long. But I suppose you know all this already. Get dressed girl!

Yue puts her underwear back on and straightens her dress. She didn't know that Madame Hong and her mother have a history? They do seem to be around the same age though, their mid-40s. Madame Hong is a tall, painfully thin woman, whose black hair is always pulled back in a severe bun. From the few times that Yue has seen her, she wears only a Qipao, with an angry slash of red lipstick across her lips. Yue has always felt uneasy around her... it's her calculating eyes.

Upon her arrival at the mansion, she was introduced to the other concubines. Dylan's father has 5 concubines, varying from ages 20 to 30, while his brother has 3, all in their early twenties. The concubines are all housed in the East wing of the mansion, away from prying eyes. As a very important business man, Wang Zhiqiang will often throw parties for his fellow captains of industry and their wives...all very respectable.

She learnt right away that she was Dylan's first concubine from the others, who all eyed her up and down, some with curiousity, and some with envy, when she joined them at the dinner table. The concubines will usually eat meals together, unless their master has need of them. They each have their own rooms, which Yue is grateful for, but nothing as grand as the rooms she saw in Dylan's part of the house. But certainly a hundred times better than anything she has ever experienced in her life.

She can feel Madame Hong eyeing her, as they walk side by side down the long corridor.

'Before you return to Master Dylan, you will get yourself cleaned up and  put on a fresh set of clothes more appropriate for the day time!'