Chapter 17

Erika's POV

After school, I went over to Zeds house to pick up Zoey since we were supposed to shop around Zombie town. She was already waiting outside for me.

"Erika! I can't wait to buy a new pretty dress!" She said and I chuckled. "Me too, Zoey. Let's get going."

We went through shops and found a shop in particular that had nice clothing. Zoey tried on a dress and it was so beautiful.

"That's so nice! We need to buy that for you." I said. She smiled and went back into the dressing room to change.

"Okay. Is that all?" I asked and she shook her head. "Is there something else to try on?"

Zoey ran somewhere in the store and came back with a dress. "Try this on. This will look nice on you." I grabbed it and chuckled.

"Okay but this is the last thing." I said and went to change. I came back out and her jaw dropped.

"Erika you look so beautiful!" She said and pulled me to a mirror next to the window of the store.

I looked at the mirror smiling. "You should totally buy it!" She exclaimed.

My smile slowly faded as I felt someone staring at me. I looked out the window and saw Wyatt staring but he quickly turned away and walked with his pack.

I couldn't help but smile. "Erika has a new crush!" Zoey sang smiling. I glared at her and she quickly pursued her lips together.

"I'm going to go change and we'll go back to your house." I said.

After changing and paying for the dresses, we walked out with our bags. We were laughing and making silly faces towards each other.

"Erika! Zoey!" Zed yelled and slid to a stop in front of us. "Oh hey Zed." I smiled politely. "Something wrong?"

"I need you to come help me get the wolves votes." Zed said and I raised a brow. "Why me?" I asked.

"I already know you gave a tour to one of the wolves, maybe you can convince him and he can convince the rest." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Please. I'm trying to win so us zombies can go to prawn. So I can go with Addi." He said and clenched one of my fists.

"Fine, let's go." I said.

We walked around and found the wolves sitting on a table. "Get the wolves votes, win the election. Easy." Zed said.

"Hello wolves. Allow me to introduce myself." Zed said and held his hand out. "I'm Zed, Zombie, football star, presidential hopeful."

No one shook his hand so he just retrieved it back.

"When Zombies first came to seabrook, we were outsiders to." Eliza said. I shifted when she said that. I wasn't that much until I was revealed a zombie. And I feel bad for it. I'm guessing Wyatt saw me shifting since he turned his head to look at me.

I gave him a nervous smile and looked at Zed. But quickly turned to one of the wolves once she stood up.

"Our pack is our pack. We don't need anybody else, so..." she said.

"Who doesn't want more friends? Under all that fluffy hair, I bet you're a real softie." Zoey said with a smile. The same wolf, I really got to learn her name, bent down to Zoeys level.

I placed a protective hand on Zoeys shoulder. "I am a mean, mean werewolf kid. I am tough and rough." She said and Zoey jumped a bit.

"Awe, you said ruff. Like a sweet little puppy dog. Ruff ruff." Zoey giggled. I chuckled at that, Zoeys a real cutie.