Goodbye Twilight Drive-In

It's Been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twiligt Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale every that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials.

And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knokwledge that her best friend Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

"The drive in closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of Indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..." Jug head was saying as we sat in a booth at Pop's Kevin next to Veronica, and I sat against the window Jughead to my right and Betty next to him.

"Please God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." Kevin said

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jug said and I rested my hand on his knee comfortingly.

"I think it's a great idea to try to save it Jug." I said gently sending him a small smile ignoring the glare Betty was sending me.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car?" Veronica asked. "I mean who even goes there?"

"People who want to buy crack." Kevin said.

"And cinephiles and can enthusiasts. Right, Val and Bets?" Jug asked.

"I've never been in a drive in movie so I personally love the idea of it." I said softly as Jug smiled at me before looking to Betty.

"Totally." She said looking up like she was deep in thought.

"Anyway, its closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Myor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse..." Jug was saying and I had to close my eyes to keep from looking at V. The only person who would buy it anonymously would be daddy.

"Anonymous buyer?" V asked, "What do they have to hide? No one cares."

"I do!" Jug said angrily, "Also you guys should all come t closig night. I'm thinking American Graffiti...Or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn." V said making me roll my eyes.

"Or Cate Blanchette." I said finishing my sisters sentence for her. "Of course those would be your choices V." I stuck my tongue at her childlishly.

"Or The Talented Mr. Ripley." Kevin said. "Betty, your choices?"

"Everything okay, B?" V asked her.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um...Maybe Rebel Without a Cause?" She said looking at Jug smiling at eachother causing a small pain in my chest.

"Here you go kids." Mom said bringing us our food over smiling at us.

"Thanks mom." V and I said at the same time.

"Be sure to put all that cash in the register. You are a Lodge, after all, and Lodges are known to have sticky fingers." I heard Cheryl's voice come from across Pop's causing Veronica and I to look up and glare at Cheryl as I jumped over the back of booth we were sitting in since I was trapped against the window. Veronica getting up from her seat.