dîtes-moi

dîtes-moi

"Tell me about yourself," Luke demanded, a slice of pizza dribbling off his chin.

He had Michael's jean jacket wrapped around his broad shoulders because he claimed the pizza parlor was cold.

Mike sat across from him in a Weezer teeshirt, wiping the grease off his fingers. He wouldn't call this a date unless Luke does first.

Currently, they're just two dudes hanging out at one in the morning over a twelve inch pizza.

"Well, due to the fact that you get kicked out of your apartment at least once a week for the last month plus you babysit my daughter four times a week, I'm pretty sure you know a lot about me," he laughed, reaching over to wipe Luke's mouth with a clean napkin.

"I only know that you keep a key in the plant by the elevator and that your daughter thinks she's more punk rock than you," the blonde laughed.

This was one of the best nights he has had in a long time, he's able to forget about the world when he's with Michael and that's all Luke has ever wished for.

The (now) red-headed fool smiled wildly at the younger boy, "Alright, fine. Ask me something, anything.

"What did you major in before you dropped out?" Luke asked between bites of pizza. He's already had five slices but nothing compares to New York pizza, he's going to miss it once he graduates.

"I was a Computer Engineer, nothing special. Ask a better question."

"What do I look like?"

"What?" Michael let out a giggle before taking another sip of his drink, he looked over at Luke. The boy was trying to squeeze another slice of pizza down his throat.

"I haven't seen myself since I was fourteen, I was chubby and awkward, please tell me I look different now," Luke admitted, pulling his beanie over his ears.

Mike pulled his bottom lip in-between his teeth, "You definitely don't look like a pubescent boy, Luke." He couldn't come up with any words to describe the masterpiece that sat in front of him, "Even though Clémence doesn't believe you have stubble, you always miss one spot at the bottom of your chin. You have a clef chin, I think that's what it's called. It's cute, whatever it is." Mike swallowed a lump in his throat before continuing, "When you talk, or frown, or smile, you have a dimple on your right side more than your left side. You have a strong jaw line, and I'm extremely jealous."

Luke laughed, "Keep going."

"Your lips are a shade of pink that I can't describe, they're so light on the top, yet dark near the center. Your lip ring makes you look hotter than I've ever seen—and my best friend is a model. You have this button nose that slopes perfectly. In all honesty, I envy your genetics.

"Your eyes are something else. They're the lightest shade of blue I have ever seen, I feel like I'm staring into your soul. Even though you're unable to see, you're always looking around like you're intrigued with the world that's not even there.

"When I first met you, your hair was shorter and lighter, but as the days have passed you look like a styled cave men. The roots have turned darker than I remember but you're still very blonde, not platinum though. I'm guessing Calum styles it, because I couldn't curl it up like he does. Hair game so strong."

Luke let out another laugh, hiding his face in his hands.

"You're lanky and tall. I know you claim you're six feet but you're at least nine feet. I feel like a complete shrimp next to you, it's embarrassing. I'm supposed to be your eyes when I'm with you, but I feel like you're leading me.

"You have these huge feet, and I know that even if you weren't blind, you would still trip over them constantly. It's not a bad thing though, you're unbelievably adorable." Michael was afraid he pushed it too far, he was scared he made Luke uncomfortable.

"Thank you, Mikey. Thank you." Luke smiled, hoping the boy across from his knew how perfect he has made his night.

"Tell me about you, Lucifer Hemmings. All I know is that you came from bumfuck nowhere and let my daughter draw on your face four times a week."

"I have two older brothers, they're obnoxious, I hope you never meet them. Mom is over-protective and calls me five times a day, Dad is Dad, I don't know how else to go with that. I'm majoring in stupid things that hurt my head, and I have to earn my PhD next, so I'm not even close to being done."

"So much schooling," Michael moaned, folding the pizza box up and throwing it away. He figured Luke would realize he left the table, but he did not. Luke continued to talk to an empty table.

Mike slid back into the booth, deciding not to tell him.

"I wasn't born blind, I just kinda got my eyes set on fire when I was a teenager," Luke said bluntly. "The world is such a terrible place, I don't even miss my eyesight most of the time."

Michael tapped his fingers over the wooden table, slowly inching closer to Luke's hand. He didn't want to make a move, he just wanted to know how he felt about Luke.

It made sense in his head.

An acoustic track was playing overhead as he stretched his hand closer to the pale one across from him.

He was still listening to Luke go on and on about his hatred for Florida and schools, more specifically Florida schools. Michael turned his hand, brushing his knuckles over Luke's.

He cupped his hand, reaching under the larger hand and entwining their fingers together. The younger boy continued to talk as he squeezed his hand, liking the warmth.

There's snow falling outside, and Mike wonders if Luke knows what it looks like.

"You're a special kid," Michael whispered. "Want me to take you home? It's getting late."

At the end of the night, Michael decided that yes, this was a date.