Chapter 18

Jiwoo felt like she was about to go crazy angry with the stranger in front of her.

She wasn't even sure what to call him at that point.

As if he could read her mind, he calmly said. "You're the only person who knows about this. You can still call me Wonwoo, if you want. But you have every rights to be angry."

"Why?"

"You should be angry if-" He read her face and that wasn't what she was asking about, so he stopped talking.

"Why-" She felt short with her tongue. "W-w-why do you want to replace my brother?"

Seemingly not knowing what to respond the question, he just stood in silent.

"I'm going home." Jiwoo left the funeral house while holding her tears.

She had never felt more alone. Her parents had left her, and the only family she thought was her real sibling was actually not her brother. Someone she almost wanted to share the fact that she had a possibility for terminal lung problem. But she got what she wanted, to die alone.

But that thought made her cried and felt her heart was burning.

As she stepped outside the building, the solemn and peaceful state of the area put her in an even more intense loneliness. She wondered if her life was originally empty like this.

Cupping her face with her hands, she kept crying. The most tears she had shed in the past 20 years.

"Jeon Jiwoo." Yuta stood before her. He saw her left the building and was about to give her some drink, but he saw her crying.

"Go away."

He took steps forward and pulled her into his arms, with the juice drink was still in his hand.

She kept crying.

Yuta noticed Wonwoo was on his way out.

Seeing Jiwoo was crying, he mouthed something to Yuta. "Please take care of her." He did a small nod then he left to the minibus.

Yuta wondered what happened inside but he just wanted to console her. It broke his heart seeing her cried.

The camp was gloomy enough after Jiwoo decided to return back home alone. Even the cloudy weather didn't help.

Wonwoo just sat alone overlooking the lake.

Yuta decided to join him and brought his own chair. "May I join you?"

"Hm."

He sat next to him.

"Hyung."

"Hm?"

"Is it hard to start a new life? The life that's completely different than your previous one?"

"It depends. Sometimes I do want to fight back, but that will only get me back to square one." Yuta smiled by the thought. "But I think I kind of enjoy it, being punched and attacked. I wouldn't have met Jiwoo."

"Do you like her? My sister."

"I do."

"Can I let you in for a secret?"

"Is it a weird one?"

Wonwoo scratched his forehead, hesitating for awhile. "Taeseong-hyung and I were friends since we're kids. He's been the one who fought for me and my friends when we happened to be bullied at school. He's a decent guy..." Wonwoo fixed his seating position. "Until he found his blood-related sister by chance. He swore to take care of her. Then she died, drugged and raped."