Chapter 8

(Two hours earlier)

Wonwoo had a hunch that Jiwoo was somewhat related to his problematic senior at school, Yuta. Trying to prove his hunch, he waited right across the usual minimart his sister always went.

But she wasn't there.

"It's weekend, she should be there. Where else would she be?" He spoke to himself.

Unexpectedly, he spotted Yuta. He went into the minimart and bought some snacks, occasionally checking outside the minimart.

"He must be looking for Jiwoo noona..."

Yuta enjoyed his snacks outside, and he was still alone.

"I can't just come confront him and asked about Jiwoo noona, can I?" Wonwoo almost wanted to cross the street.

A phone call stopped him.

"What?"

'You're late for the group practice and can still say 'what' to me?? Get moving and I have to see you in thirty minutes or you will-'

"Okay, okay. I'll be there in ten." Sighing, he walked away, eyes never left Yuta's position.

As he arrived at the studio, the atmosphere was not quite right. Nobody was even on their instruments.

"What's going on?" Wonwoo asked their manager.

"Same old, same old. They like the same girl." The manager's reply made him rolled his eyes.

"Idiots." Wonwoo picked his mic and turned it on. "Look, hyungnim-deul. I'm not in a good mood myself so if you still want to fight, I'll let you be. I'd rather go drinking than staying here seeing you all tensed up. It's not a gay club in here, is it?"

"What the hell..." The drummer almost wanted to start a brawl with him, but the manager held him back. "Why are you stopping me?"

"But he's quite right. We can't practice like this."

Wonwoo then left the studio not wanting to know the rest of the conversation. Before he left the place, which was inside a café called Ojigu, a guy stopped him.

"What? Are you going to told me off, too?"

"No. I'm just... well, let's say that I want to make another band- quite different from your band's genre."

"Just straight to the point, Inhae hyung."

"A guy from your school came to me and asked if his band could be under Ojigu. I was wondering if you know them." Inhae said. "But they're in their 3rd grade, I believe."

"And the names are...?"

"Taeyong, Lee Taeyong. Oh and he's with a friend, who plays bass. I can't quite recall his name was... It was foreign, like a Japanese name...."

Wonwoo's eyes lit up. "Yuta." He exhaled as he mentioned the name.

"That sounds about right. Do you know them, then? I guess I can take them into Ojigu and-"

"What did you say he was playing again?"

"Bass. He said he hasn't been playing for a while, and Taeyong said he suddenly wanted to join the band. They're still looking for a drummer and-"

"I'm leaving. I'll come tomorrow for the practice." Wonwoo left Ojigu and almost wanted to scream.

So instead of screaming, he hit his own chest.