11. What I like about you

Start from the beginning

I felt my face warm up by his comment, I was lucky the room was dark so he didn't see it.

"Well, I won't. So, will you sleep now?" I asked, frowning.

"Yes." he answered. He scooped me by his side, and held me tight as we both fell asleep in the following minutes.

I woke up to a knock on the door. First, I was convinced I was at home, then I thought it might be Vicky to ask if I want to go to the track together. It took me a minute to realise I'm still laying in Charles Leclerc's arms.

"Fuck," I breathed, and I felt my body go tense in fright. Charles sat up next to me.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of it," he looked at me and ran his hand through his messy hair.

He put on some briefs and a shirt and walked to the front door. I heard some distant chatting, but it was all in Italian, so I couldn't make out a word.

Then I heard the door closing and Charles returned with some papers in is hand.

"It was Mattia," he said casually, and sat down on the bed next to me.

"Shit, like your team principal, Mattia? Binotto?" I asked.

I checked my phone. It was 7 am.

Is every driver woken up by his team principal? I could hardly imagine my uncle knocking on Daniel's door to beg him to leave the bed finally - I snorted on the thought.

Charles shrugged as nothing interesting has happened.

"Yeah, he gave me some data for today and invited me for breakfast," he added.

"And what? You turned him down?" I blinked at him.

He chuckled and leaned in to place a peck on my lips.

"Yes. He is a big boy, I am sure he can find another company," he said and leaned closer to hug me.

"I wanted to have breakfast with you." His eyes were shining with hope, I simply couldn't protest. So I smiled and nodded, and he called room service.

By the time we got dressed, the breakfast arrived. I ordered an omelette with some fruits on the side, but Charles was only sipping on a green smoothie.

"So, do you want to go to the track together?" he asked.

He tried to sound casual, but I have noticed him stealing glances for a minute already.

My hand with the fork stopped mid air, and I frowned at him.

"How?" I asked and shook my head. "No way, everyone would notice."

He was still looking at me for a few seconds, then he finished his smoothie and shrugged.

"OK, just asking." He answered but he remained quiet in the rest of our time together.

After we finished breakfast, we agreed on him leaving first, then after I'm waiting some time for the rest of the team members to leave the hotel, then I'd leave too.

Before leaving me behind, Charles stepped back from the door for a final kiss.

"Okay, just leave already." I said and folded my arms. He grinned and closed the door behind him.

I checked the time, to see when can I leave. I decided to wait for half an hour, so I went back to the bed and started to fiddle with my phone.

I just scrolled through the news when I heard a muffled iPhone ringtone going on.

I froze, then since it didn't stop I started to search for the source of the sound.

Of course I found that it was Charles's phone, buried under the sheets.