Chapter 12: There's A Hope

Start from the beginning

"Shut up." A small smile grew on Namjoon's lips as he gestured his slender hand in front of Jungkook's hurtful state. "C'mon, let's go back to the pack." Nodding as a reply, Jungkook took his hyung's hand, walking right beside him gently.

Entering the gate, the familiar facade welcome Jungkook as usual. The boy wasn't ignorant enough, to not notice the cold glances that were being thrown at him viciously, omegas eyeing him up and down shamelessly, throwing unkind, unwelcoming look despite Jungkook holding one of the biggest titles in the pack, as the great Alpha's son.

Still, that doesn't stop the people from judging further about him, especially about his curse.

He lowered his gaze, jaws clenching tight as the hurtful words from his father replayed back inside the poisonous mind of his. Oh, how he loathes it. Namjoon turns to look at the younger, concern visibly spoken under his earthy gaze. Silently, he puts his arm around Jungkook's shoulder, changing the subject in order for the younger to not notice the cruelty of his own people.

"what's on your mind?" He asked lowly, walking at a steady pace with the younger. "It's...nothing," Jungkook replied short, eyes emotionless as usual.

"Jungkook, I've been your hyung plus trainer since you were born. Do you think I wouldn't notice how distracted you were back then? You were holding back against your attacks, not much to say also for your defenses. So tell me, what's wrong?".

Eyes widening, Jungkook stayed silent. He didn't know Namjoon would pick up the difference that easy. Slowly, the raven-haired boy stop his track, turning around just enough to meet his hyung's strong gaze.

When their eyes meet, Jungkook knew no matter how bad he'll try to change the subject, Namjoon hyung will still push him for answers whether he like or not. "I mean it Hyung—"

"It's Y/N, isn't it? That girl."

At the mention of your name, Jungkook couldn't help the sudden peaking interest inside of him. His eyes sparkles unconsciously, his heart started to thump harder against his broad chest, his mind wanders around towards the woman figure he's undoubtedly has interest at.

Her soft crescent smile lingers on his mind, her silky dark hair, even at how easy she lets out a bundle of giggles, her snarky comebacks and of course, he couldn't forget the sweet scent of hers. She wasn't a wolf, Jungkook knew that. But why, does her scent feels addicting? It feels relieving and safe for his own Alpha being.

Definitely, much better than any scent he has ever encountered before.

Quickly regaining his composure, Jungkook shakes his head, unknowingly drawing a smug smile on the older's face. "It's not like that Hyung, it's just— She feels, different you know? I'm just confused that's all." A small laughter erupted from the man in front of him as he spoke.

"Is that so? Then why were you completely dozing off at the mention of her name, Jungkook-ah?" Jungkook groaned frustratedly, he parted his wounded lips, already planning to shut his hyung up from the annoying teasings yet, surprisingly a certain someone beat him to it.

"Aw, is my kookie having a high school crush?"

A deep giddy voice appeared right behind both of them, waking Jungkook's sense up in just an instant. The raven-haired boy whipped his head towards the source of the familiar voice, mouth agape as soon as his eyes landed on the tall figure, wearing one of the soldier's uniforms of his own pack.