Part 3

The afternoon was a whirlwind. Once harry got to the hotel he was quickly swept up by hair and makeup. His team fixing the rag of curls on-top his head and coving the bags under his eyes, making him presentable to the cameras. His stylist giving him countless outfits to change in and out of. Harry doing as he was told in a daze, his mind running a blank, just like his emotions. The new pills he was on making his body numb and his head fuzzy. It was as if he was falling underwater, everyone sounded far away and he couldn't focus on anything.

After that horrible night, Louis promised Harry he wouldn't tell anyone what happened as long as Harry, in return went to see the shrink and get his meds worked out again. Which Harry had hesitantly agreed too. And after a few weeks off work, and weekly sessions with his therapist, Harry was able to get his medication balanced out and start to work through the emotions that led him to pushing the one he loved most, so far away she would never return. But despite the work he did on himself, he wasn't able to shake the guilt of hurting her the way he had.

Harrys eyes were drawn to his manager as she walked up to him and gave him a kind smile,

"Okay Harry, remember what tonights about eh? The new song, you're premiering "Falling" at the show tonight, this is going to be its introduction to the world. You wanna make that something to remember"

Harry nodded, he had almost forgotten he was performing tonight. He couldn't imagine getting up on that stage tonight and singing one of the many songs he had written about her. Knowing that this was the one that he pored his soul into, the one where he tells how truly sorry he is for everything that had happened.

Harrys phone buzzed in his hand, and he looked down to see a text from Louis,

"Good luck on you're first day back, don't push yourself. Text or call if you need me, I'm in town"

Louis and him had been talking more ever since that night, he would text and call to check in on Harry, make sure he was keeping their deal. It was nice, to have Louis back in his life, especially after the media so public forced them apart while they were in the band. So many rumours that they were forced to stop being around one another. Harry hadn't realized how much he had missed Lou, he was such a support for him while they were in the band. He had kept his promise to Louis and stayed on his meds, but after a while he started drinking and getting bad again. Although he wouldn't let Louis know that. It had been 6 months now since that night that Kendall left and Louis had to peel Harrys cold body off the bathroom floor. Harry knew he couldn't pull that shit again, but that didn't make his pain go away, and the pills didn't either, but the alcohol always did. Always made him numb, helped him forget.

He knew tonight would be hard, his first public appearance since Kendall. She always used to text him good luck and that she loved him before shows. He always performed better with love in his heart. As Harrys manager started the run down of the show with him and his team, Harry couldn't help but let his mind wander,

A couple weeks after that night, Harry had finally worked up the courage to go back into his favourite cafe. The one where he had met her, the one where it all started. He had been avoiding the quaint little coffee hole in fear of running into her, he wasn't ready for that yet. But after some time with his therapist and his meds starting to balance out again, he opened the doors to the Beachwood Café and let the smell of coffee and croissants fill his nose. He made his way up to the counter to order his usual coffee, and thats when he saw her. Her hair perfectly straightened, falling down her back. Her short light pink sundress dress tight to her skin flattering all of her most beautiful features. Her lips fiery red, perfectly framing her enchanting smile. And her eyes, chestnut brown, warm and making Harrys heart break all over again. Those eyes were once full of love, of love for him. And now, despite how beautiful they were, they were cold and empty.