CHAPTER TEN

EARLY MORNING CHATS

Lydia was the first to wake up. She was always an early riser and wasn't really surprised that all of the other girls were still asleep. They had gone to bed late. But when the sun was out, Lydia was awake. Almost every time the sun rose, she watched. It was her favorite thing to do because it was so peaceful and beautiful. The colors that raced across the sky as the sun rose were her favorite colors. 

Danielle had a good view from her room. Lydia's old room back at her dad's house had the worst view. The only thing she could see out of her old room was their neighbor's house. Her new room back at the apartment building had an okay view. She could see the humongous high school. When they first moved into the apartment, she was overwhelmed by the mere size of the school.

The sun rose in the sky, its majestic path marked by the warm colors gracing the sky. Lydia's breath caught in her throat at the beauty of the sky. Nothing could beat the sun and the beauty it creates. 

Lydia realized she had to go to the bathroom so she stood up quietly. She wandered out of Danielle's room and saw the bathroom across the hall. The door was open and the light wasn't on so she thought it was empty. She quickly walked over to it and started shutting the door. However, it was ripped open and she let out a small squeak. Cameron was standing at the door, his eyes half closed. "Excuse me," Lydia said, her heart hammering in her chest at the sight of the shirtless boy. "What are you doing?"

Cameron closed his eyes for a second before opening them again. He looked more awake than what he did a minute ago. His eyes widened as he said, "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do this to you!"

Cameron backed himself out of the bathroom and Lydia shut the door. She let out a breath she was holding in and locked the door. She quickly did her business and left the bathroom. Cameron was standing outside of it with an apologetic look on his face. "I didn't mean to walk in on you."

"You didn't really walk in on me," Lydia said awkwardly. "I had just got in there when you ripped the door open."

Cameron let out a sigh and said, "I try not to embarrass myself when my sister has her friends over but I just couldn't get out of it today."

"You're fine." Lydia flashed him an awkward smile and said, "I think I'm going back to Danielle's room now."

"Can we talk?" Cameron asked before Lydia could walk away. "I want to get to know you, Lydia. I mean, you are Adriana's best friend so that's something."

"Do you know that she talks about you all the time?" Lydia said, cracking a grin. "Almost every time we speak, she always brings your name up."

"That girl is crazy," Cameron said, shaking his head. "Let's go sit at the top of the stairs so we don't wake my parents or the other girls up."

"I guess." Lydia followed Cameron to the top of the stairs. Adriana was right; Cameron was hot. She wouldn't admit that to him, though. This conversation was awkward already. She sat down next to him. "Adriana thinks you two will get married in the future."

"Really?" Cameron sighed. "I love Adriana, really. But she's so young and I'm an adult. There might be a possibility that in the future we may go out but I doubt it. I don't want to break her heart and tell her I'm not interested."

"She told her sisters that she's in love with you."

Cameron let out a chuckle and said, "She can't be. She's always been like that since she was born. Mom and Dad brought Dani and I over to the Fuller's house a couple of weeks after Ashton and Adriana were born and she clung to me. Usually babies will stick to their parents but not that girl. Man, she was a handful. I felt so bad for Ashlynn and Austin. Blake and Shane had it easy with Jason."