Bonus: Alternate Situations

Start from the beginning

The next thing I know, my eyes are opening. I feel solid, feel whole. I'm laying on the ground in Wakanda. It's quiet. I can hear Sam calling my name. Within seconds, he's standing over me.

"Come on, baby momma." Sam teases slightly as he helps me up. My hand slips down to my baby bump and it's still there. I look around, looking obviously confused. It doesn't help that my eyes land on a man in a red...cape?

"Look, it's been five years since you were last on Earth. The others need us. I can't really explain more." The red cape man announces and I glance at Sam. He's walking us over to the man. My mind is reeling. Five years?

"I believe him. Let's go. If it's been five years, I'm guessing Steve is aching to see you." My friend teases as the red cape man creates a shimmering portal. Sam presses his fingers to his ear as he says, "Hey Cap...on your left."

The portal Sam and I are standing in front of reveals a large battle field and of course we are up in the clouds. My body covers itself in flames as Sam's wings open up. We fly through the portal, seeing that there's dozens of other portals. Immediately, I land beside Steve and Tony, my flames disappearing.

"I was told by the cool wizard guy that it was five years later?" I announce and both of them looked shocked. It really must've been five years later. They both envelop me in a group hug and I'm thousand percent sure they're both crying.

-

#3-Steve doesn't leave.

"Remember you have to return the stones to the exact moment we got them or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce reminds Steve as I numbly help Bruce make sure our time machine is ready. Once I'm done tinkering, I move to stand beside Bucky. The ex-assassin gives me a small smile.

"On it, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve responds as he closes the briefcase holding the stones, the stones that killed my brother. I look away for a moment. Breathe, breathe.

"She tried you know. To bring back Natasha. Pey really tried to bring her back. I miss her, man." Bruce tells Steve suddenly. I meet Steve's ocean blue eyes as they widen ever so slightly. He didn't know. Of course he didn't know. No one knew but Bruce because Bruce was the only person I told. No one else needed to know about my snap.

"Me too." Steve responds to Bruce, his eyes leaving me for a moment. I turn away from his gaze. Is he mad at me that I'm talking more to Bruce than I'm talking to him? In my defense, Bruce asked me how I was doing after the loss of my best friend and my brother. Steve hasn't. But then again, we don't talk about Natasha.

"You know if you want, I could come with you." Sam says, standing beside Steve. Sam, Bucky, Steve-they've all become as thick as thieves again. Filling the house with noise and laughter, playing with Benjamin-it's a big change. It's a change I welcome. I'm sure in time I'll be joining them. I just need time.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me though." Steve responds with a smile. I get s sick feeling in my stomach when he says that. Something's off. What don't I know? Steve moves to stand in front of Bucky and I. Two of his four favorite people-well what should be his four favorite people.

"Don't do anything stupid 'til I get back." Steve teases his best friend, his childhood friend. Why does Bucky look sad? He's just coming back. He is just coming back, right? That's what we had agreed upon-That's what Bruce had told me.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky responds, his voice kind of full of emotion. They hug each other-Something's wrong and I know that something is definitely off when Bucky adds, "I'm gonna miss you, buddy."