57-You'll Be In My Heart

"Are you sure that this is going to work?" Banner asks as I hook the pagers up to a larger power source. Natasha and Rhodey were also in the room. I had no idea where Steve was. I haven't seen my husband for days and it was starting to worry me. I already had way too much on my plate and this certainly wasn't helping in the slightest.

"Well we will find out, won't we?" I ask as the energy source around the pager glows. I set it in its little holder, walking out of the room and shutting the little window, "I bypassed the whole battery system. There must've been a reason Fury had this on him and that he had sent a message before he turned to dust."

"You sure you don't know who he was trying to contact?" Bruce asks, his arms crossed over his white T-shirt. I shake my head. Why these people think I knew everything about Fury, I have no clue. It's probably because he made you acting director of the Avengers, idiot. Okay first of all, rude. Second of all, it's probably because I asked them if they knew what happened to Fury's cute little cat Goose.

"I wish I did. I'm glad you found it, Natasha. Any leads on Barton?" I ask, turning my attention fully on the people in front of me. Natasha shifts on her feet.

"He's covering his tracks pretty well, no word on his family." She responds as I move around the room, pulling my hair into a ponytail. My hair was getting longer, Bruce said it was because of the prenatal vitamins my doctor had me taking. Of course I wasn't going to tell Natasha about Clint visiting. It'll keep her busy.

"Parker never came back, I found that about that one myself when his aunt emailed me so we probably should get into contact with her. The Pyms are gone, I found that one out via security footage. No clue where Lang is." I fire back, my voice sounding very authoritative, my eyes landing back on Natasha since I did her other job for her. Her lips press into a thin line. I could practically hear the anger simmering inside of her. Bruce and Rhodey looked vaguely worried about the two of us fighting.

"I'm not going to take any offense to your tone." Natasha retorts, walking over to me as I look at the mounting missing people number. I snort.

"Does anyone know where my husband is? I wanted to see if he wanted to come to my doctor's appointment with me." I question the three people in the room. My eyes focus on each of them, trying to guilt them into telling me as I rest my hand on my stomach, "Or should I add him to the missing list?"

"Do you need someone to go with you, Peyton?" Rhodey asks, leaning against the wall. He ignored my comment like the rest of them did. I exhale loudly through my nose, showing my obvious annoyance. I sit down at one of the lab tables, putting on my glasses. I pull my new suit close, feeling the white material. New issues call for new suits.

"I'm a big girl, I can go by myself. Just thought my husband should be there to see his son." I respond almost simply, like I wasn't pissed off by the fact Steve isn't here. In reality, I was very pissed off. That man has no right to be butt hurt over the fact that I didn't tell him I missed my brother for three years. I looked up at Natasha and Rhodey. I'm sure the unhappiness is written all over my face by the way they are looking at me.

"You two can go, unless either of you are suddenly great at making suits." I tell them. They both leave and as they do, I hear the pager restart it's beeping. I smile ever so slightly. It's the only thing bringing me joy at this moment. Well, the pager and my son inside of me.

"FRIDAY, bring up the designs for Project ENDGAME, will you?" I ask the AI, starting to stitch again as the new white designs appear before me.