❀ Chapter 1 ❀

Start from the beginning

I put my books away and things i needed in my backpack as I we continued the conversation, I shut and re-locked my locker as we continued to talk while walking to Skyler's locker.

"That's also why so many people fall into depression and other things because they don't want to experience that pain again if anything never at all."

"Sometimes i don't understand how you come up with these like philosophical phrases." I took in her sentence as I decided to switch the topic.

"Hey. If I were to be "sick" next Friday there's no way I could be truent. Because if I was called in sick-"

"No Mackenzie."

"What? Don't be a buzz kill to my plan."

"Mackenzie. If you've forgotten your uncle is keeping watch on you. Besides I'm pretty sure your uncle knows all of your plans by now."

"It wouldn't take much to actually be sick"

"Mackenzie, No."

"Fine." I huffed. "You always ruin my fun."

"Mack, I'm just lookin out for you. Look, i'm helping out to. Afterwards we can go get ice cream and go to the mall. You can even come over and spend the night if you want."

"I'll take up on that offer." I smiled.

After we put our books away in our lockers we headed to the buses. We climbed up the three steps and headed towards the back. We sat down in the third to last seat I took the window as usual it never mattered though because we got off at the same stop. I guess I just liked the window because it meant less interaction with people.

I put my headphones in and leaned my head against the window as usual. When we reached our stop, Skyler tapped my shoulder. I got up and we got off he bus. We waited for it to pull away since we has to cross the street where it let's is off.

"Hey where's Meghan?" I asked.

"Oh, she's at art club today."

"Oh shit.. that was today I totally forgot about that! You made me forget because I was too focused on talking about my uncle and other things."

"Relax, you don't need art club anyways. You're talented enough without it."

"I know, but still.. it gives me chances for extra practice. There's always room for improvement you know."

"Mackenzie eventually you are gonna ware yourself out before you start applying for colleges."

"I'll never ware myself out. Art is my life, I mean i'm constantly surrounded by different kinds of it."

"I was hoping you'd say something like that. You know i have a feeling that someday you'll be famous for Art, if not a motivational speaker." she laughed.

"Oh yeah, I can practically imagine myself standing on a stage talking about personal achievement and self motivation." I laughed along with her.

We separated as her house came up first, I continued walking for what seemed like ages before I finally reached my house.

I walked in the door and entered my own personal art sanctuary. Every wall in my house had at least one piece of artwork hanging on it, if it wasn't mine then it was one of the worlds best artists.

"Ugh, your home. It's a lot better during the day when your not here." My brother Dylan laughed in a jokingly way said as he came out of the kitchen.

"Nice to see you too Dylan."

"Oh com'n. You aren't gonna fire back with something funny?"

"Nah. I've gotta start planning out stuff for my next project."