❀ Chapter 1 ❀

Mackenzie's POV

I sat in my last hour class: Algebra. Which I hated. I never liked math I don't really think I know of anyone who likes math. The only reason I semi liked it is because my uncle taught it, he was kind of easy going with me unless I got on his nerves. The announcements came on and to my joy the student council president Valerie Holman (sounds like almond without the d) came on.

"Hello everyone! On behalf of the student council, I'm happy to announce that we have raised enough money to have each of the band/singer you guys chose to play at concert in the park next Friday! Now, the band that the girls chose is: our very own hometown band, 5 Seconds of Summer! And the boys choice: Fall Out Boy!"

I felt a Tap on my shoulder I turned around to face Skyler who sat behind me. (attached pic at top; Skyler on right, Meghan on Left; Skyler and Meghan are semi-identical twins.)

"its about time they book some good music." Skyler said,

"I would say that I agree but i'm assuming your talking about that 5 Seconds band not Fall Out Boy like I am." She smiled at me proving my thought correct

The announcements ended and I got ready for the bell to ring when it finally did I got out of my seat and waited at the door for Skyler.

"You take forever." I said.

"Hey, I'm sorry my papers fall out."

"All the time?"

"Yep all the time." We were about to walk out when my teacher stopped us.

"Mackenzie." I turned around.

"Yes Uncle Bryan?"

"I signed you up for volunteering. To help set up the stage and help out with the guests when they arrive. Also as long as you are in school please call me Mr. Wilson."

"But-"

"Mackenzie your record shows that you have not done anything to help out you school since 7th grade. You are a Junior, this summer you will have to start looking at colleges they like to see volunteers and people who help out the community. I'm actually doing you a favor by keeping this between you and me, if I told your dad where you are at no doubt he would freak but I guess it's up to you. Either volunteer or you might have to take summer school this year."

"Fine."

"Fine what?"

"I'll do the volunteering"

"Remember, If you do not show up to help out you will be marked as truent."

"I understand Mr. Wilson." I huffed as we exited.

"Wow, perks of being the niece of a teacher."

"More like nightmare. I mean I like my uncle and all but the problem with him being my dad's brother is that he can basically sign me up for stuff because he already always has my dad's permission. The worst thing is that he's the math teacher."

"Oh Com'n. Sometimes I'd love to have one of my family members be a teacher."

"At first it was fun because it was the first teacher that actually understands me, but then as usual my dad had to get involved and tell him that he can't go easy on me because i'm his niece. So now i'm stuck with a normal teacher again. I mean fun times never last, that's why you shouldn't get attached to things."

We reached my locker as I twisted my lock for the com before I unlocked the lock and opened my locker.

"But the reason to get attached and feel that heart aching pain or sadness is a point of life. That's one of the things that everyone experiences, its part of living without boundaries for a little bit and letting loose."