Chapter 5: Confrontation

"Ah! This... Is... a fight" Kendo said between heavy and pained breaths. He was holding his rips with his off-hand. Hekiji was currently breathing heavily as well. Rikiya had been fighting furiously for all of the fight and showed no sign of being tired.

"AAAAHHHHH!" Rikiya roared, charging at the battle maniac. Rikiya swung at Kendo in an arc. Kendo tried to dodge but the pain in his ribs caused him to stumble a dodge. The attack was about to connect when a barrier appeared around Kendo, protecting him. The single attack caused the barrier to immediately crack but gave time for Kendo to fall back.

"Still there... Shit"

Isaac looked through the window, watching the fight. He could tell it wasn't going well for the duo. Kendo was bleeding heavily from his head while Hekiji looked unscathed but could bearly stand. The bodies that once covered the floor had been pushed the edges of the room or had been trampled on by Rikiya, crushing them.

Isaac thought about his options before making a choice. He could sprint across the room and get to the door but he risked alerting Rikiya or. Isaac quickly looked around the corridor and spotted the thing he needed. A vent.

Isaac removed the cover and tossed it to the floor. His visor light lit up the dark vent. It was just big enough for him to crawl through. With one last look at the fight, he climbed into the vent. He didn't know where it went but it must be better than going through that. He crawled for a few meters before having to climb up a verticle vent. When he reached the to of the vent, which was only 6 meters tall, he clambered into another vent and continued his crawling.

Bang

Bang

Bang

Isaac stopped. That sounded close. To close. A vent cover was in front of him, facing down into another room. He dragged himself forward and looked through it. It was the cafeteria. Rikiya was currently bashing Kendo into the ground with a single hand.

"Sucks to be him," Isaac remarked. Isaac was about to continue when the empty space in front of him was replaced with Kendo being thrown through the ceiling and into the vent shaft. "Goddamnit"

Kendo then fell, bring the vent section Isaac was in with him. Isaac held onto the sides of the vent as it fell, cursing excessively. 

Crash

Isaac tried to breathe but kept losing it before he could hold it. The vent he was in had crashed into the ground, winding the engineer. When he finally got his breath back, he crawled out of the vent and stood up. He looked around, Kendo was unconscious by the door while Hekiji was on the floor, leaning against the wall. Suddenly, Isaac was shadowed by something big. Isaac slowly turned around. Rikiya was staring down at him. 

"Hey"

Rikiya didn't like the casual greeting, slamming his fist down in front of him then swinging at Isaac. Isaac reacted fast enough to roll backwards, completely dodging the attack. When Isaac got to his feet, he tossed the metal case to the side and pulled out his Plasma Cutter, aiming it at Rikiya. The three beams of light lined up vertically at his shoulder. Taking a deep breath, Isaac fired.

The focused jet of superheated matter flew through the air effortlessly and hit the big man in the shoulder. Rikiya only growled loudly as his skin was burnt. Isaac followed the shot up with consecutive shots directed all over the body causing Rikiya to stumble back and cover his face. He had to be careful though, he only had 15 shots in his Plasma Cutter maximum and had already spent 5 with no extra plasma energy cartridge to switch out.

Rikiya quickly recovered and charged at Isaac. Isaac hit him with Stasis, slowing the man down to walking speed, and rotated the Plasma Cutter to the horizontal position then fired at the man's head. He fired two shots and both hit him below the neck. The stasis soon ended and Rikiya continued his charge like nothing happened, forcing Isaac to dodge to the side. He only had one stasis charge now and would have to hold out till it recharged.