One Time

"Isn't the idea supposed to be 'you saved my life, now I owe you a debt'?"

"Nope. Other way round. You saved my life, so now I'm your problem. If you don't like it, then kill me."

- oopsprompts (Tumblr)

-------

It was just one time. It was supposed to be just one time that she would be friendly to her. So, why did her golden eyes land on her and no mean comment would be delivered to her?

Why was it that her laugh always seemed to catch her attention? Why was it that her smile still lurked in the back of her mind?

A low growl escaped Amity. Instinctively to help the thoughts clear her mind, she hit the locker with a closed fist. The loud thud was enough to distract her for a couple of seconds before her mind returned to the Dominican-American girl.

So maybe Luz the Human was nothing like she originally thought. Big deal. Maybe, she wasn't a bully like she had originally perceived her to be. Maybe, she wasn't anything like her older siblings. So what?

Just thinking about it influenced a blush to make it's way across Amity's face, something she clearly didn't appreciate. I need to get this girl out of my head immediately... Amity thought, shaking her head.

A piercing scream filled the air and soon the hallways were filled with students leaving the school. Amity followed pursuit before suddenly freezing up.

Luz Noceda was right there. She jumped suddenly, hiding behind one of the many pillars the school had. Her heart wouldn't stop beating. It couldn't stop beating..

Snickers filled the air and Amity flinched, glancing over only to see her to older siblings. The two were twins and were always seen together, no matter what. Always pestering her.

"Awww, what's wrong, Mittens?" Her brother asked, his chuckling growing louder at the sight of her face turning more and more red at the second.

"Oh leave her alone, Edric." Scoffed Emira before smirking, nudging her twin brother and nodding her head towards the human girl who had gathered with her friends, laughing loudly.

"She's clearly checking the cutie out. Don't give her away." Emira laughed, shooting a wink to her brother who only nodded. "Well, if that is the case get away from the pillar, Mittens." He said, pushing Amity away from the pillar.

Amity let out a growl, turning to the two, golden eyes narrowing. "Will you two stop it?! I'm not checking the human out!" She claimed with a huff, furrowing her brow.

The two twins glanced at each other, shaking their heads and clicking their tongues. "Listen, Mittens." Began her brother, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Girls love it when you're straight forward with them. Trust me, I would know." Edric claimed, swooping his dark green hair and wiggling his eyebrows.

Another scoff escaped Emira and she punched her brother's shoulder who only responded with an "Ow!". Shaking her head, she also put a hand on her younger sister's shoulder. "Listen, just talk to her, alright? You look like a total weirdo just 'stalking' her from afar." The female twin stated. Edric nodded as well.

Amity shook her head, clearly growing more and more annoyed. "For the last time, I'm not interested-" She was cut off by her sister. "Uhuh, right. If you're worried about where her feelings swing," Emira wiggled her eyebrows. "Don't worry about it anymore. Edric and I already checked and we're positive you'll be fine."

The two twins only nodded and Amity clenched her fists, gritting her teeth together. "Y'know what? I'm leaving." She grumbled, walking off without another word.