Chapter 34: You're My Favorite Song

Start from the beginning

He chuckled, “I’m glad you did. I seem to care about you more than I ever expected.”

“I could say the same to you.”

He kissed my cheek, “Should we continue with our day?”

“Yeah,” I blushed.

            After meeting the princesses and taking pictures with them I realized there was something I forgot to do. I led Max so we were standing right in front of the castle and took out Alice’s book.

“What are you doing?” Max laughed.

“You are going to take a picture of me and the book in front of Cinderella’s castle.”

He shook his head, “She’s going to smack you.”

“All in love,” I laughed.

He took the picture and I sent it to Alice immediately then we continued on with our day. As we waited in line to get on one of the rides I got a text back from Alice.

“What does it say?” Max asked.

I laughed as I read it to him, “If you have a dozen pictures lined up to send to me I’m going to smack you so hard when you get back.”

“Where’s the nearest Disney character?” Max asked.

“Why?”

“Hey Mickey!” Max called.

Mickey walked over and waved at us.

“Hey Mickey can you do us a favor and take a picture with this book?” Max asked.

“Max!” I laughed.

He laughed, “And you weren’t thinking it?”

I shrugged and gave in, handing the book to Mickey. Mickey and I posed with the book as Max took a picture.

“I say we make a day of this,” I told him, “and send her pictures periodically throughout the day.”

“Then post them,” Max suggested, “Therefore she can’t complain that much because you’ll be promoting her book well.”

“Genius,” I grinned.

“Before we turn this into a day, do you have the souvenirs you need?”

“I think so. I have gifts for mom, dad, Mar, Dave, and Alice.”

“Okay on with our plan.”

“Let’s do it,” I laughed.

            After a half hour and nearly a dozen pictures to Alice she started only responding with emojis. Some were sarcastic faced emojis while others were fists ready to punch me. My response was simply another picture. We met up with his family for dinner and Jim requested a seat for us in the back of the restaurant just to be safe. I’ve liked his family so far. His aunt and uncle are really nice and treated me like I’m a normal person. His cousin freaked out at first, but Max calmed him down. When he got used to the idea of me being around his cousin was nice too.

“What do you plan on doing after you graduate?” his aunt asked him.

“I’m going to college. I prefer to stay close though so I won’t be going out of state to college or anything.”

“What about you Demetria? Have you graduated?”

“I did, yes,” I answered, “I received my GED. Currently I have a clothing line with a friend of the family’s and I’m helping my cousin and best friend with their music careers. Those are pretty much the only plans I have so far though.”