Your Career (Japan)

Your POV:

You hummed merrily as you and Kiku finished polishings his katanas. They sparkled so brightly that you could see a clear reflection of yourself on the blade. It took a lot of convincing to let you help him. Kiku worried you'd get hurt, but everything went smoothly.

"(Y/n)-chan?" He spoke. 

You set the katana aside. "Yes?" You asked, looking up at him.

"Curiosity has gotten the best of me. What do you do for a career?"

You froze up. "I... um..." You stuttered, having no words to back you up. "I'm a writer?"

His eyes widened a bit. "Hontōni? (Really?) What do you write?" 

 You pushed the bag that you had beside you behind your back. 

Kiku didn't take notice of this.

"To be more exact, I'm a mangaka." You laughed nervously.

"That's amazing! Nothing to be ashamed about."

"I know, but my work isn't something to be extremely proud of either." You twirled your thumbs in circles.

"What type of stories do you write then? Action? Comedy? Romance?" Kiku questioned, interrogating you to the best of his ability.

A drop of sweat ran down your forehead. "Um... I have to use the bathroom. I'll tell you when I get back." You slowly picked yourself up.

There's no way I can tell him that I write-.

Your thoughts were stopped immediately as you accidentally tripped over your bag, making the contents inside spill out. [Insert Fairy Tail 'wow!' noise here]. Tons of lewd mangas scattered across the floor. You shrieked in terror, frantically picking them up. "Don't look, Kiku!" You exclaimed, the books falling out of your grasp. 

Kiku put his hand over your head. You look up at him with teary eyes. He gave you a small, gentle smile. He crouched down and began collecting the remaining books. He placed the stack down, taking the ones you had and placing them aside. He sat across from you, holding one of the books up. 

You hung your head low in shame. 

"(Y/n)-chan, please don't act this way. I think your works are wonderful."

You gasped at his words. "You mean you read-?"

A light pink blush spread on his face. "Hai... (Yes...) I'm quite fond of them. My favorite has to be 'Full Blood.' The story with the vampires and werewolves."

You sniffled and wiped your tears away. "Really? I worried for nothing then..." 

His blush turns into a dark red. "When's... the next volume coming out?" Kiku asked shyly. 

"Just for you, next week." 

"Yes!" He quietly fanboyed. "In all seriousness, (Y/n)-chan, not only is Full Blood a fantastic manga, but everything else you create is unique and fun to read." He says sweetly, cupping your face with one hand.

"You're too kind, Kiku." You place your hand over his. 

"If you need help with anything, just let me know."

"I will, thank you." You blush through a smile. "Now that you know I'm an erotica mangaka, this says a lot about what you like to read; care to explain?" You tease while wiggling your eyebrows. 

 "Kore wa hazukashīdesu... (This is embarrassing...)" Kiku mumbles.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕