A Little Odd (Iceland)

(You two have known each other for a few months.)

Your POV:

You were currently at Emil's house, hanging out with him. Since Mr. Puffin was at a family reunion, Emil called you over to keep him company. Even when Mr. Puffin was with him or not, it was obvious that Emil loved having you over. You two hiked through the mountains, went whale watching, and explored caves. You snickered to yourself, bringing a special gift for him to show your thanks for his hospitality. 

"Emil~! Guess what?" You said, holding the gift behind your back. He sat a few feet away from you on the couch, grabbing his attention from the t.v to you. 

"Hvað? (What?)" He replied, you giggled. Knowing that he'd love the gift. You pulled it out. A mason jar filled with licorice candy. Red, white and blue string wrapped around under the lid and a tag saying thank you. With a heart next to it. You handed it to him. But the reaction wasn't what you expected. His eyes were glued to the jar as if it was his first time receiving something like this. 

"W-what's wrong? You don't like it?" You rubbed your hands together, waiting for his response. He nodded and quietly held it close to his chest. It was definitely an odd behavior for the time you've known him. So, you didn't know exactly how to feel. 

❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓❓