Chapter 6

David just finished preparing breakfast, Madison on his shoulders, when there's a knock on the door. He grins "I wonder who that might be". He walks to the front and opens the door. "GAAAABY" Madison screams. David leans down a little so that Gabriella can take the girl off his shoulders and into her arms. Madison hugs her tightly. "I missed you" she says. Gabriella laughs "I missed you too hun". "What about me?" David pouts crossing his arms in front of his chest. "Aww, I missed you too". She puts one hand on his chest and holds Madison with the other. She gets on her tiptoes and puts a big kiss on his cheek. She wears a shirt and a pair of jeans. Her long hair is in a ponytail. David wraps one arm around her and shakes his head. "I want a kiss" he says and points to his lips. Gabriella grabs the collar of his shirt and pulls him down. She holds the kiss for a few seconds before she pulls away. "Can I come in now?" David steps aside. His cheeks are bride red. In the matter of a few weeks Gabriella turned his whole life upside down. There has never been a woman who had such an effect on him, not even Madison's mom. Sure he loved her too but Gabriella is different in so many ways and he couldn't be happier about it.

His girlfriend walks in, Madison still in her arms. "Gabby and daddy sitting in the tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" she sings clapping her hands along. "First comes love. Then comes marriage. Then comes ba-" David stops her by covering her mouth with his hand. "You're a little monster" Madison giggles. She puts her arm around her father's neck and pulls him into a group hug. "Breakfast is ready" he whispers and kisses his girls cheeks.

During breakfast Madison tells about her first week of Kindergarten. She excitedly waves her hands around to make her stories more lively. She's so into telling that she doesn't notice that there is more cereal on the floor than in her mouth.
Gabriella pays full attention to her while David stares at his girlfriend.
He studies all the features of her face like he's never seen her before. Her lashes are long and make her pretty, dark brown eyes seem perfect. Between those perfect eyes she has a button nose. She has dimples when she smiles and her lips are soft and pink. He's thinking about how to say the magical three words. It's crazy that he even thinks about that. He met a couple of weeks ago, on the street. They kissed after a day of knowing each other and now she sits next to his daughter during breakfast. David just feels a special connection.

"And then he climbed onto the table and jumped down" Madison says. She claps her hands together to imitate the sound of the boy's feet landing on the floor. "Really?" Gabriella gasps and covers her month with her hand. "Mhm" she nods. "Now his parents have to come to kindergarten".  "Well you better be good missy". Gabriella turns her head to David. He hasn't said a single word since they sat down. "What are you thinking about loverboy?" "Huh?"he asks and sits up straight. Gabriella giggles "I asked What you were thinking about". "Nothing" he smiles "It's nothing, all good". He leans forward and kisses her cheek. As he does so he accidentally knock over his cup of coffee. It lands all over Gabriella's blouse. "Oh god I'm so so sorry" he says, he grabs the paper towels from the table and presses them to her upper body. He doesn't even recognize how close he suddenly is to her. "It okay, don't worry. Its not even hot anymore. I'm just gonna go to the bathroom real quick and soak it into hot water". He nods. David is clearly embarrassed about this and Gabriella notices it as well. "It's okay" she says again. She puts her finger under his chin and lifts it so that he's now looking at her. She steps closer and gives him a little kiss. "I'm gonna go get one of my hoodies for you to wear".

When he comes back from the bedroom he hands her the hoodie and she disappears in the bathroom.

He uses the opportunity to tell his daughter about his thoughts.  "Maddie?" he asks as he sits back down. There is still a little bit of cereal in her bowl. "Can I tell you something?" she nods. "You know that I like Gabriella a lot, right?" She nods again. "I want to tell her that I love her but I don't know how" Madison doesn't seem to understand. She wrinkles her nose before she says "Just tell her. You tell me all the time". "You're right about that. But when a boy says 'I love you' to his girlfriend it is a little different. You know, there are different kinds of I love you's". "Mhhhh" she says as she taps the spoon on the table. "I still think you should just tell her".  

Just as she finishes her sentence the bathroom door opens. Gabriella looks tiny in the big hoodie. Madison stands up, runs over to Gabriella and pulls her right in front of David. She holds her thumbs up and giggles before she runs into her room. "What was that about?" she asks as she steps in between his legs and wraps her arms around his neck. He stares into her eyes, her beautiful deep brown eyes. There is silence for a few seconds.
"I love you" he whispers "I love you so god damn much Gab-" he's interrupted by a pair of lips on his. She straddles him without parting their lips. His hand hold tightly onto her waist. "I love you too" she says and reconnects their lips.