Winter love song : 2

Chapter 15 - A winter love song

The sunshine seeped through the windows, waking me up from my sweet dreams. I groaned and stretched myself and looked out through the window, only to realise that it was almost dawn.

I suddenly felt happy. Ah~ how amazing it is to sleep when you wake up naturally. I started doing my happy snoopy dance in my bed.

I rolled over the bed, thinking about what I should do since I have got the entire day for myself. That's when a thought flashed in my mind. Didn't I see some sort of text message last night?

Isn't it about the 12-hour date?! Impossible. It must be an illusion. An illusion.

I hurriedly grabbed my phone from the bedside table only to see that the text message was the truth.

This can't be happening... I'm already an hour late!! I need to hurry and change my clothes. I don't even know what I should wear!

Oh, no...!

After fighting in a war with my wardrobe, I finally reached the cafe. As I found the seat assigned for us, not even a single soul was spotted.

As expected, there's nobody. I sighed sadly. True, I have been late for two hours. If it was me, I would have left too...

"Only a fool will wait that long" I murmured to myself. That's when I heard someone chuckling behind me. I turned around and met a beautiful pair of doe eyes looking at me. Wow. He looked so handsome with his ash brown hair, that complimented his skin very well. He was quite tall for a man and wore a turtle neck sweater which suited him very much.

"Hello, I'm Jeon Jungkook. I'm your match" he said with a broad smile. Woah, his voice was deep, but sweet and melodious at the same time.

I was awestruck by this whole package that I forgot how to speak. He cleared his throat to get my attention and I instantly stopped gawking unashamedly at him. "Ah, Yeah Sorry! I thought you must have already left. I'm Lisa Manoban" I said, tucking my hair behind the ear shyly.

That's when it dawned on me. Didn't the cafe staff tell me not to use my real name? Oh no, I accidentally told him my real name! He should be using his fake name, right?

I looked up at him. Wow. His fashion sense is no joke. He looks cool with those timberlands and long coats. I think I must look like a drowned mouse now... I should have done my makeup well..!

We took our seat in the cafe. I immediately clasped my hands together and bowed down in shame "I am very late today. I'm sorry!"

Jungkook grinned merrily at me "it's alright. I didn't keep it in mind. You don't have to feel so guilty."

"That... Ah, thank you~" He seems to be a gentle person as well. How cute!

"So, Lisa, we got a task list. Do you have anywhere you want to go?" Jungkook asked, still not dropping his cute smile.

But, wait... task list? Thinking back, I do remember seeing another text message, just below the previous one...

...

Mission list:
1. Have dinner together
2. Heartbeat date
3. Go strolling together

...

Damn, I came out in a rush that I forgot this! "Uh, Sorry, I haven't thought about it yet." I apologised, too ashamed to meet his eyes.

"It doesn't matter. Then let's go where I want to go first." Jungkook said, giving me a warm smile, which made my heart warm too, in this cold winter.

~

The place where he wanted to go was the library. Well, I wasn't against it as I liked the library as well. The quietness emitting from the library, in a way, soothes my tired soul.

Jungkook was busy looking for a book, and I was shamefully staring at him. How can a guy be so perfect?

"I have been looking for a book recently..." he said, interrupting my train of thoughts "...we just happen to be here, so I'm here to take a look."

I looked at the book he was reading and commented: "Oh, I see..."

He closed the book and looked down at me "Sorry Lisa, is it a bit too boring?"

I immediately shook my hands and replied "Ah... not at all! I also... Huh?!" That's when a particular book caught my attention. Wooden heart poetry.

I pulled out the book from the shelf and smiled at it softly "Wow~ Justin Seagull's book is reprinted! I love his poetry a lot!" (A/N: hehe, sorry guys, I hadn't known any poet's name... and one more thing, Jungkook and Justin Seagull are not the same people)

I flipped through the pages, engrossing myself into the book "The most memorable line was, I am a snowy man—"

"—who flies in the dark" Jungkook completed the sentence for me. What the... are we soulmates?! Nah... he's too perfect for me. He probably likes the same poet too. But somewhere in the corner of my heart, I was jumping in happiness.

"You also like Justin Seagull?" I asked, talking louder than my usual decibel due to the excitement. As a result, I had gained a few stares from the surrounding people.

Jungkook placed his forefinger on his thin lips and shushed me with a small smile. I ducked my head down in embarrassment. Oops... I was too excited that I forgot I was in a library.

Jungkook reached out his hand and slowly, but gently stroked my head, looking at me lovingly. I turned sideways to catch a proper glimpse of his loving eyes when he suddenly realised what he was doing. He took back his hand and used it to cover his blushing face. "Ahem, so sorry..."

I touched my bangs carefully and turned away, hiding my red cheeks from him "It's... it's alright..."