Pity

I followed her. She was in the movie theatre. Sitting alone in the middle row. She had her head down and bounced her right leg.

"Hear me out..." I knelt down in front of her, but at a distance. "I won't hurt you. I don't want you to be hurt in any shape or form. I'll save you. I'll keep you safe. Nobody will hurt you again."

"Safe? I've never been safe. And you especially can't keep me safe." She looked down.

"Are you okay?" I asked in a serious tone. She looked up at me. Into my eyes.

KYRA

Nobody has ever asked me that. Nobody except my parents. No one cared. No one was ever concerned about me.

"I'm fine. I want to be left alone." I walked away and left.

I walked to his room and stared out of the window. I looked down and saw the guard. I sighed and looked at the sky.

I wonder how mom and dad are doing up there.

PRINCE

I got off of my knee. I texted Ray and them to come over. They'll know what to do. They'll help me.

15 MINUTES LATER

It has been 15 minutes and I haven't heard a peep from Kyra. Has she escaped? Is she okay? How is she?

I heard a knock at my door. I told them not to ring the doorbell so they wouldn't disturb Kyra.

I walked to the door and opened it. They walked in and made their way to the living room.

"What is it?" Ray asked loudly. I shushed him.

"Shhhh! Damn. I need all y'all to be quiet. I have a guest-"

"Guest?" Roc interrupted me.

"Yes, a guest. It's a girl-"

"YOU?! Girl?! Where?!" Ray and Roc looked around.

"SHUT up! Iight?! Listen! Leave her alone fpr now. This girl is not the average girl. I found her in an alley downtown. I took care of her. She's pretty dangerous if you don't keep your distance. Keep in mind she might have a knife and-"

"GIRL! HEY! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

KYRA

I was mumbling an old song. Promises by Jhené Aiko. My mother always sung it to me when I was on my way to bed.

I heard yelling downstairs. It wasn't Prince's voice. I grabbed my knife from the bottom of my shoes and pressed my back against the wall behind the door. Prince sounded like he was struggling to talk over them.

They came here for me.

I gripped my knife tight and got ready to shank them.

The doorknob twisted.

One boy walked in. Braids.

"Girl? Girl, are you in here?" He semi-yelled while being followed by another boy. I kicked the door closed and pointed my knife at them, locking the door with my free hand.

"Who are you?" I put my knife to braids' neck and clutched the other in my hand.

He tried to move my hand from his neck. I kicked muscles in his balls and put the knife to braids' balls.

"What the fuck do you want from me?" I pressed the pointy end of the knife against his pants. He put his hands up.

"PRINCE!" He yelled. I thought he was against him. Maybe this is a setup for me. He wants me to think he's friends with Prince.