Chapter 10

It was a beautiful sun set with the light casting off the bayou as the gang was preparing to leave this spooky island for good. 

"You know, Fred," Daphne began, asking her boyfriend. "With all the zombies and cat creatures gone, this is a pretty romantic spot. Don't you think?"

"Yeah" Fred smiled in agreement. 

Walter was also over nearby where Daphne and Fred were standing with Jane. 

Jane sighed dreamily as she rested her head on Walter's shoulder. "Oh, Wally. I don't know how it could get any better than this" she told her boyfriend. 

Actually... It could. 

Speaking of which, that reminded Walter of something important he had to do since they came to Moonscar Island. 

Walter started to get down on one knee in front of Jane. "Jane," Walter began to his girlfriend. "There's something I've been wanting to ask you for a long time now..."

Walter reached down into his pocket for the ring, but surprisingly he didn't feel it anywhere. It was gone! He must've lost it during the final fight with the were-cats. 

Walter started becoming frantic, desperately looking all around himself while Jane just looked at him in confusion. 

"Oh, no! Oh, no! Of all the times to lose it why here?! Why now?! Where is it?!" he cried.

Scooby then came forward up to Walter with something in his mouth. 

"Right here" Scooby muffled, revealing the thing in his mouth to be the box with the engagement ring in it. 

"Ah!" Walter beamed and took the box from Scooby, scratching him on the head. "Thanks, Scooby"

"You're welcome" the talking great dane said, then went off somewhere. 

Walter then took the ring out of the box and presented it to Jane who gasped. 

"Jane, will you marry me?" Walter asked his girlfriend. 

The rest of the Scooby gang all gasped, watching anxiously and waiting for Jane to say something. 

Finally...

"Yes!" Jane cried, in tears. "Yes, Walter. Of course I'll marry you!" 

Jane then jumped into Walter's arms while the two shared a passionate kiss on the lips together. The rest of the mystery gang all watched with smiles, being so happy for their friend. 

Walter was so happy Jane had said yes. The two of them looked to each other before sharing a hug.

Soon the gang had gotten on the ferry, ready to go. But someone was missing...

"Where's Scooby?" Velma asked. 

"He's picking a peck of peppers for the road" Shaggy chuckled.

"Oh, that's Scooby for you" Walter said, playfully rolling his eyes as he smiled. 

"Hurry up, Scoob!" Shaggy called to his dog. "We're pulling out!"

Scooby was still seen on the island, picking the last of his peppers. 

"Rokay!" Scooby said, having filled up his basket. 

The boat started leaving the dock while the great dane ran and attempted to jump on the boat but got stuck briefly. Scooby went flying into the air and safely landed onto the boat's deck. Snakebite and Mojo happened nearby, getting distracted when they saw Scooby go flying by, missing their chance to finally capture Big Mona.

"You know," Walter started, having his arm wrapped around Jane while they looked back out at Moonscar Island. "I'm starting to think this is just the beginning of us solving all kinds of new mysteries together" he said. 

"Me too" Jane sighed dreamily as she leaned her head against her boyfriend's shoulder, looking up at him. 

Shaggy then came to Scooby with a sandwich in his hands. 

"Look what I've got for you, old buddy" Shaggy said to his dog, giving Scooby the sandwich. "We're finally going to have a nice peaceful meal"

Scooby placed some peppers into his sandwich, looking delighted as he was about to eat it when...

"Meow. Meow..." Scooby looked to see that a bunch of Simone's cats had appeared on the boat and were all eyeing on the dog with his sandwich. 

"Rats! Rikes!" Scooby groaned, before the screen faded to black. 

Scooby Dooby Doo!

THE END