Chapter 6

Later~

That evening, after Lena had showed the gang to their rooms, everyone got settled in.

Shaggy and Scooby were soon getting ready for dinner, while Walter was in the room with them still working on his perfect speech for when he'd propose to Jane. 

"Hey, Jane! Hey, babe! How's it going?" Walter said suavely, trying to sound cool. "So, I've been thinking... we've known each other for awhile now, and it seems we make a perfect pair. So what do you say? Will you marry me?..."

It was revealed Walter had been practicing his proposal in front of this mannequin that had been left in the room with a wig and dress on, pretending it was Jane.  

"Oh, no, no! That's terrible!" Walter put his hands in his face, complaining. "This is all wrong!" 

"Like, don't worry, Wally" Shaggy assured his friend who was now pacing nervously around the room. "You'll get it eventually" 

Walter tried to give a smile to his lanky friend, before looking back down at his box and opened it to reveal the engagement ring shining in the light. 

Shaggy then opened his suitcase to reveal many identical green shirts. "Like, maybe I should dress for dinner" he told his friends. 

"I think that would be nice?" Walter agreed. 

"What do you think, Scoob?" Shaggy asked his dog. 

But Scooby was too distracted playing with an owl that was sitting in a tree right outside the window. Scooby copied everything the owl did. He even tried turning his head all the way around but had a little trouble doing so. 

Walter chuckled to the great dane. "Looks like you aren't built to be an owl, Scooby"

"Like, quit bothering the wildlife, buddy" Shaggy told his dog. 

Shaggy then changed his shirt, to which was no different to the one he had been wearing earlier that day. 

"Well, how do I look?" He asked his friends. "Am I gonna turn a few heads or what?"

"Uh..." Walter didn't really know what to say as Shaggy was still technically wearing the same shirt. "Sure, Shags" he finally said. "You're going to blow everyone away"

"Rue rhat!" Scooby agreed, turning his head all the way back around.

Shaggy then looked at himself in the mirror, noticing his goatee seemed a little long. "Boy, do I need a trim"

Shaggy took a pair of scissors he brought and made only a slight cut to his goatee. "Like, much better" he said. 

The three friends smiled as they seemed ready for dinner until just then, this creepy zombie-ghost seemed to appear in the mirror. It looked like a guy from the civil war. 

"Get away!" It said. 

Shaggy and Scooby shivered in fear while Walter looked a bit alarmed. 

"What is that?" Walter asked, looking at the ghost in the mirror. 

"GET AWAY!" The ghost said again, more threateningly this time. 

Shaggy and Scooby screamed, rushing out of the room with Walter following close behind them. The boys ran into Fred's room, bursting through the door as Scooby and Shaggy suddenly jumped on him. Fred was having a hard time keeping balance with the cowardly duo in his arms, when they all suddenly collapsed on Simone who had been walking out in the hallway. 

"Get zhis beast off of me!" She shouted in frustration, as Scooby was shown to have landed on top of her. 

"We're terribly sorry!" Walter apologized, quickly helping Simone up.