Chapter 3

Walter, Scooby, and Shaggy soon came back to the Mystery Machine where the rest of the gang was waiting for them and got in the van. 

"Good timing, guys" Daphne told them. "Lena was just about to leave without us"

The gang soon saw Lena wave to them before she got in her truck and began driving off, with the gang following her. The gang soon ended up travelling on through a forest area that looked more like a swap-like jungle alongside a river. 

"So, how far is this, Moonscar Island?" Walter asked, while sitting in the back with Scooby and Shaggy. 

"We're getting closer" Velma replied. "Moonscar Island is right in the middle of the next bayou"

"Sounds like a perfect place to get some good, spooky footage" Daphne beamed. 

"And some good Cajun cooking!" Shaggy added. 

"For some reason, I'm still starved" The cowardly slacker sat down and started eating the box filled with the staled old Scooby Snacks. "Like, even these stale Scooby Snacks are beginning to taste good"

Walter and Fred both cringed their faces back at their odd friend out of disgust.

The gang continued following Lena until they pulled up onto a dock with a ferry boat. 

"Ms. Lena, I see you've brought you some company, eh?" An old man, who was the ferry driver, greeted with a heavy Cajun accent. 

"Yes, Jacques" Lena replied. "These folks came a long way to see a real haunted house"

"Well, if they want haunted, they've come to the right place" Jacques chuckled. 

He then came up to the Mystery Machine, telling the gang in a creepy sounding voice. "Peoples go into that bayou, and they don't never come out"

"Uh, so we understand" Daphne said a bit nervously. 

Walter shivered only for a few short seconds as he felt another chill go down his spine after hearing what Jacques had to say about Moonscar Island. 

The ferry was soon ready to go and the gang drove their van up on board and the boat took off. 

"Boy, I can't wait to check this place out" Walter mentioned, getting out of the van with Shaggy. 

"Like, do you sell food on this ferry?" Shaggy asked. "We're starved!"

"Reah!" Scooby added, poking his head out of the van. 

Lena suddenly gasped. "I didn't know you had a dog"

"Rog?" Scooby asked, looking around. "Where?"

"Are you allergic to dogs?" Daphne asked Lena. 

"No," Lena explained. "It's just that my employer, Ms. Lenoir... she keeps cats"

"Like, don't worry" Shaggy reassured her. "Scooby is great with cats. Right?"

"Huh?" Scooby gave an odd look until his owner gave him a nod, knowing what he was trying to imply. "Roh, reah!"

The ferry started heading deeper into the bayou, while the gang had a look around. It seemed to be rather spooky, despite it being in the middle of the day.  

"Gosh, I'd sure hate to get lost in here" Fred said. 

"Well, way back in the 1700s, pirates used this bayou to hide from the law" Jacques explained. "They knew only a fool would come a looking up in here"

"Wow, that sounds intense" Walter commented. 

"And Morgan Moonscar was one of those pirates?" Velma asked.