Chapter 5

Walter had come outside to the front lawn, where he soon found Shaggy and Scooby enjoying their picnic while having a hot pepper contest. 

"Hey, guys" Walter waved, coming over to his two cowardly friends. 

"Oh, like, hi, Walter" Shaggy waved back, before opening a jar of hot peppers. 

Walter watched as his friends ate their lunch, before then remembering something he needed to do. He reached in his pocket, feeling for the box with the engagement ring inside it and took it out. Walter stared at the ring, thinking what he was going to say to Jane when he'd ask her to marry him. 

What if she said no?

The poor young man never felt more nervous in all of his life. 

"Hey, uh, guys?" Walter started, asking his friends for a little advice. "What would you say if you were... you know, asking a girl to make a commitment?" 

"Like, I say just go with your gut" Shaggy replied solemnly. "You know as I always say, 'love is like a chocolate souffle, and if you wait too long to dig in it could just collapse on you'" the lanky teen recited, before then taking a bite into a hot pepper. 

"Ruh-huh! Mmmmm" Scooby nodded in agreement with his owner, licking his chops. 

Walter thought about what his friends had said, but the cowardly duo weren't always the best at giving advice. Especially when it came to a marriage proposal practice.  

Shaggy was suddenly panting like crazy, as the pepper he had eaten was really hot.

"Like, your turn, pal" he said, offering one to Scooby next. 

Scooby ate the pepper right out of his master's hand and seconds later whimpered as his mouth was on fire. He saw Shaggy's sandwich and tried to take a bite out of it but he swiped it away. 

"Zoinks! Like, don't use my sandwich to wash it down" Shaggy told his dog. "Eat some of that Creole potato salad"

Scooby turned around to the bowl of potato salad, but as he did he saw three of Simone's cats eating it. 

"Rats!" Scooby growled. 

The cats yowled as they quickly ran off and Scooby started chasing them all around, messing up the garden again. 

"Scooby, stop it!" Walter called, chasing after him. 

"Like, come back, Scoob! That grouchy gardener isn't going to be happy about this" Shaggy called to his dog while trying to fix the mess in the garden. 

Scooby continued chasing after the cats while Shaggy and Walter were hot on his tail, until Shaggy had to stop to pick some peppers on a nearby bush, saying how he couldn't pass up a hot opportunity like this. 

Walter stopped for a brief minute to catch his breath, before he soon saw the great dane come running back in the other direction with his tail between his legs. 

"Huh?" Walter was confused but then turned back to see why the cowardly dog had run away. 

"What's the matter, Scoob?" Shaggy asked his dog. "Not afraid of a few cats, are you?"

"Ruh-uh!" Scooby shook his head, running away in fear. "Rojo!" 

"Rojo?" Shaggy asked, confused before turning around to see the angry pig charging towards him and quickly joined Scooby. "Zoinks! You mean Mojo!"

The cowardly duo ran throughout the woods, being chased by Mojo until the pig stopped in front of Walter. The pig snorted angrily, trying to look intimidating.