Chapter 5

(Picture attached is Tracy, Knox's fiancée.)

Shout out to my best friend ever for the help on this chapter! We have reached a whole new level of friendship here recently! I love her!

Anyway, I hope you like the chapter!

----------

After going home Monday, and spending the day cleaning the apartment, I finally crash.

Waking up Tuesday was just as hard as waking up on Monday. I get out of bed and get a shower, today I decided to wear my hair down in semi tight curls. I chose to wear a pair of the black, high waisted dress pants, and the cherry red shirt tucked in it. The top of the pants coming to rest right under my ninth ribs. The shirt was unbuttoned to show a little of the girls, I wore a black camisole underneath it so they didn't fall out. For shoes, I chose a pair of black suede, wedge booties.

Needless to say, I feel hot today. Like I'm ready to take on the world.

In the kitchen I made my coffee, and a cheese and chive omelet. Sitting at the bar in the kitchen to eat, I think about making Kami breakfast for when she wakes up. I look at the clock on the stove, it's 7:45. I don't have time.

Throwing my dishes in the dish washer, I run out of the apartment and to the street to hail a cab off to Franklin Park.

When I pulled up to the ball park, I got out and paid the cab driver. Looking up at the stadium was huge, with a screen across the front that showed the name of events that were coming up at the park. Walking through the gates, I got lost instantly. I had no idea where I was supposed to go to for this interview. I found a security guard on duty and walked over to the elderly man.

"Excuse me, sir? I'm Adalaid James, I'm here for an interview with one of the players from the Brooklyn Razerbacks. Where do I need to go?"

He just smiled and motioned for me to follow him. We walked straight to where there was an opening for the stands. It was right behind home plate, best seat for an interview.

After the guard left me with the camera crew, I sat down in the chair and waited for the player to get here. I can't get over how familiar the Brooklyn Razerbacks. I looked at my phone to check for emails, missed messages and to see if anything from Mr. Caroway had came in. Nothing. A few minutes passed where I was just staring around the field, going from home plate, to first, to second, and then to third. Then from behind me I heard the camera crew start talking to someone new. I turn around and see a tall, dark haired man. Very lean, and built. That dark hair looks oddly familiar. Then he turned around.

I was met with the beautiful cobalt blue eyes of Knox Cooper. Shit! If I would have known I was going to interview Knox I would have said no.

The director of the interview and Knox started walking over, I stood up. Knox's eyes drunk in the sight of me. I see him have a problem swallowing the lump in his throat. Hope that's a good sign.

"Alright Adalaid, this is Knox Cooper. He's the rookie and MVP of the Brooklyn Razerbacks. If you two will please get aquatinted, the interview will start in five." And he walks away, leaving Knox and I alone.

"Good morning, Adalaid. You beautiful this morning." He starts.

"Thank you. MVP and a rookie at the same time? Impressive."

"Yeah, only because I'm actually helping them win games since I've joined the team. Anyway, are you ready for Friday?" He asks.

"Friday?" I thought out loud. "What happened Friday?" I question.

"Our date. Did you forget?" He tilts his head to the side.

"Oh, yeah, about that date. I forgot about it because I remember your comment from the bar. No more date. I just want to get this interview over with."