"I'm sorry." He apologized. "I'm sorry that I blamed you for my moms death, and I'm sorry for the way my father has treated you all these years. But most of all I'm sorry for being the horrible stepson that I am."

"There there." She patted his head softly while she carefully sat him down next to her on the floor. "Don't say that about yourself. Not once did I ever think you were a bad son."

"I'm worthless, ungrateful,no good for anyone...not even her." He continued to sob.

"Her?"

"Eomma-" Mrs.Park began to tear up. It was the first time Haechan had ever called her mom. She knew that she would never be what he had lost but she always dreamed that she could be there for him one day and give him the motherly warmth he lacked.

"Eomma....It hurts." He cried in between breaths.

"What hurts baby? You can tell me." She brushed her fingers through his hair hoping to comfort him.

"I love her so much it physically hurts...but we can never be together."

"And why not?" She wondered who this mystery girl was. Not once has Haechan ever shown any sort of love interest.

"Because....She has to marry another man."

Flash Back:

Haechan followed Y/N's dad into his home office.

He sat down on a small chair which he assumed was for personal business meetings outside of his company.

"Tea?" He offered Haechan.

"No thank you." He politely refused.

He sat down across from Haechan and folded his arms on the desk.

"Im sure you are a nice boy son, but there is something you must know about my daughter."

Haechan fidgeted on his chair nervously.

"Listen I don't know how long you have been with my daughter and what I'm about to tell you wont be easy for the both of you. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir." Heachan sat up straight.

"My daughter is in a arranged marriage. She is to Wed after she graduates high school."

Haechans whole world stopped. He wasn't sure if he heard correctly.

"Im sorry did you say she is getting married?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yes." Her father replied.

"Thats insane!" Haechan bursted up and slammed his hands on the desk. "Does she even know about this?"

"No and she will not know about this till after she graduates."

"But you cant do this to her. How will she feel
knowing she has to marry a complete stranger."

"She won't be marrying a stranger but instead she will marry into the family of one of her childhood friends."

"Who is she marrying?" Heachan raised his voice in a demanding tone.

"That is not not for you to know, but ill simply tell you that he is the heir of one of the most successful companies in Korea."

Haechan balled his fist. "I wont let anything come between us. I don't care is she's your daughter or not."

Mr.Lee chuckled. "Do you really think you have a say in what will inevitably happen? Don't fool yourself."

Mr. Lee stood up and poured himself another cup of tea.

"Listen, I don't doubt that you care for my daughter and I'm not making you break up with her." He let out a deep sigh. "Yet."

Haechan was all ears. What did he mean by yet?

"You see you can continue to date her but ultimately you will only be hurting yourself more when the day she has to marry comes. As for her, she will get over it. She will eventually forget about you and live a happy life with her future husband. After all, he is a childhood friend that she deeply cares for. And you? Well it would be easier to end things now instead of pretending to be happy while the clock ticks down don't you think?"

Haechan sat in silence not knowing how to respond. He felt sick to his stomach just thinking about having to ever break up with Y/N. Although they haven't been together long, he couldn't imagine a life without her now. It was at that moment he knew he had fallen in love with her. He didn't want to ever loose her.

"You are free to leave." Mr.Lee pulled him out of his thoughts. "Just know that when you walk out that door you have a decision to make. I hope you choose wisely."

Haechan stood up and walked solemnly to the door.

When he exited he immediately heard Y/N's beautiful voice.

"What did he say to you?"  she ran up to him and grabbed his hand.

Maybe Mr.Lee was right. It would be better to end things now right? If he really loved her than he needed to let her go. In the end, he would rather have her hate him now than only end up breaking her heart more in the future. He did what he had to do and pushed right past her without saying a word.

"Lee Haechan!" He tried to ignore her.

"You promised."

He froze in place, tears forming in his eyes.

"You promised me." She said once again.

Although it hurt, he had to force himself to walk away.