-39-

-Omniscient-5 Weeks Later

-Omniscient-
5 Weeks Later

"Yeah, I'm boutta head to work now," Jaelyn said to Zavon through her car window.

"Aight, ima meet you back at home," Zay said before he stoops down and puts his head through the window to give his girl a kiss.

"Ok, bye before I'm late again," she says to him while she got ready to pull out ov the parking lot of the supermarket where he worked part time.

"Aye, thanks for the lunch, ma," he says to her as he held up the large Wendy's bag.

"Mm-hm."

With that said, she started on her journey to the bookstore.

When she got there, she parked and got settled inside.

"Hey, Martha," she greeted her very old co worker as she sat down at her designated desk.

"Hey honey, you're not late today," Martha says.

"I'm never late," Jae smiles at her.

Since it was summer time and Jaelyn didn't have any Sumer classes, she picked up more shifts than she was able to during the school year.

She loved her job, not only because it was part time, but because of how easy it was and because of the good pay it gives.

Since there weren't many people coming throughout the day, she had a lot of unnecessary free time in which she used to browse through her phone.

[...]

"Hi, how may I help you?" Jaelyn asked the customer she would sense that was in front of her.

"Yeah, ima take these two but I ain't sure bout this one," the mans voice sounded familiar to Jaelyn.

She finally looks up to come face to face wit Javon who was too busy reading the back of a book in his hand.

She immediately averted her eyes and started scanning the two books he had put down in front of her.

"Your total will be 11.34," she tells him, still not looking back up.

"Aye, wassup Jae. Its been a while, ain't it?" Javon asks her once he noticed it was his ex girlfriend.

"Mm-hm," she nodded without making eyes contact.

"Dang, I ain't know you worked here..." he says while getting his wallet out.

And ian know you read books, Jaelyn thought to herself.

She didn't respond out loud, she just waited for him to pay for his books.

When he gives her the card, she swipes it and does what she needed to do.

"Would you like a bag for these?" She asks him.

"Damn, why you actin like we don't know each other?" Javon asked her.