𝘋𝘳𝘶𝘨 𝘙𝘶𝘯

Start from the beginning

"Why?" Carl replied. Frank looked around the room, like he was searching for Sammi or Fiona, then he leaned forward, his voice quieter now.

"Because, you're 14, you look like a criminal, the cops can spot you a mile off. While Chuckie, they take one look at the mongoloid and all they want to do is look away, here," Frank pulled out some cash, "Buy him a bus ticket."

"Why?"

I rolled my eyes and stepped away from the door, "Drugs, Carl?" I questioned him, Carl looked over to me quickly once he heard my voice. 

"I have to deliver some product," He told me, I furrowed my brows. It was obvious that he was in too deep with the drug stuff.

"What kind of product?" I questioned him. He shrugged his shoulders in response, avoiding answering me, so either it was some hard ass shit, or he honestly had no idea. I let out a sigh, going upstairs where I started to clean up, picking up laundry to toss in the washer, picking up around Lip's room, just random things to keep my mind occupied. I went back into the kitchen when I noticed an empty pill bottle on the counter, I picked them up, noticing that they were Ian's pills. Debbie walked in, "Hey, Debs... Ian's pills are gone," I said to her, "Where is he?"

Debbie grabbed the bottle from him, letting out a gasp, "Ian!" She shouted, running out the backdoor, I followed her out the door and noticed Ian was sitting in a lawn chair he pulled up next to the pool, he had a cigarette in his hand. 

"Ian, what happened to your pills?" I asked him once I got in front of him.

"They're gone," He told me, not looking at me as he spoke. He took another drag of his cigarette and let the smoke out through his nostrils. 

"Yeah, we can see they're gone. But gone where? Did you swallow them?" Debbie then asked. 

Ian let out a stiff laugh, "No. They're flushed."

"Ian," I said, "Why would you do that?"

"They make me feel awful, like life isn't worth living. I feel so much better knowing they're gone."

I looked at Debbie, who was on the brink of tears, I followed her back to the house just as Fiona walked in, "Fiona?" Debbie said once she saw her, that was when she started crying.

"What happened?" Fiona rushed over to us, noticing how upset we were just by our expressions. 

"Ian flushed all his pills," I told her.

"It's my fault," Debbie said to her, "I was home with him..." It was hard enough to deal with trying to keep Ian on track, and now she was blaming herself for trusting him enough to not throw them all out.

Fiona rubbed her forehead, "I'll go and talk to him," She said after she stood there thinking for a second or two.

"He's not going to listen."

"Well, it doesn't mean I can't talk.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'll come and try to talk to him too," I said to her, she put her hand on my shoulder and the two of us walked outside and went over to Ian. 

She started the conversation off pretty abruptly when we got out there, "Flushed your pills?" She asked, "You get that's a full-on Monica move, right?"

Ian didn't look at her, "I'm not Monica," His voice was monotone as he spoke.

"Ian, let's just go to the clinic and get you new pills... I would hate for-" I tried to speak but Ian cut me off once I suggested getting new pills.

"No."

"Look, Debbie thinks it's her fault, she was in charge and..."

"Now you're trying to manipulate me like we all used to do with Monica."