CH. 16 The Summer Festival

"(Y/N)? Have you forgotten what day it is, today?" Jack Hesitantly asked. "It's just a regular day, right?" She replied. Jack got up, walked over, and wrapped his arms around her waist. "It's the day of the festival silly!"

(Y/N)'s face lit up into excitement, and lept up and hugged Jack, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He thought it was cute how cute she was when she got all starry eyed with him.

She jumped out of Jack's arms, and dashed to her closet where she kept the Yukata.

Eagerly putting it on, (Y/N) imagined Jack being in a Yukata; traditionally mysterious! She snapped out of her mind and realized that she had forgotten how to put on a Yukata.

Pinoco was already with Sharaku, probably in line to get to the Festival entrance, not in the house basically. So there was no one else other than Jack to help her figure out how.

"U-Uhmm Jack?" She called. "Yes?" He answered. "I forgot how to put a Yukata on!" Jack outside the door was a little frustrated, but his face got hot because he knew he'd have to open the door and help (Y/N) out.

He walked in and closed the door behind him, making (Y/N) flustered. "Let me see this..." Jack mumbled. "Goodness! Your tangled up in it at this point!" He shouted.

Jack struggled a little to get her out of it, but he managed to not even harm the Yukata. They were both embarrassed at the fact that (Y/N) was seen, let's say, almost completely "exposed."

He showed (Y/N) how to properly put the clothing on, and after they headed out.

In the car, Jack let out a heavy sigh. "What's wrong?" Asked (Y/N). "Nothing," he replied. "Just.... yeah, nothing." His cheeks were pink, it was so noticeable that anyone could see it ten miles away!

+++

"There's no other choice." Said a man's deep voice. "Kill her."

+++

The night sky was filled with fireworks, of all colours. Pinoco was chasing Sharaku around the benches. Jack was watching them, while waiting for (Y/N) to come back.

They both had big news to tell each other at perfect timing. Jack was getting impatient, right as (Y/N) walked out with her handkerchief to her mouth.

"Are you alright?" Jack asked. "I'm fine, I just have to tell you something," She looked over to Pinoco and Sharaku, frolicking in the grass. "In private!"

The two finally made it into a private area, leaving the other two children with Wato-san. "So uh, you go first." (Y/N) said.

Jack grabbed a small, square, black box out of his pocket. He knelt down on his knee and opened it, revealing a rose-gold diamond ring inside.

"(Y/N), will you marry me?" Jack asked. He had a feeling that she would say no, but it turned out to be different. Instead, she had wrapped around him and pressed her lips against his. Jack inferred it was a yes.

"Now what do you need to tell me?" He asked. At first, (Y/N) was hesitant, but she let it out into one word, Jack couldn't understand. "Say that again, but slower this time!"

She let out a sigh, and said, "I'm pregnant, and your the father..."

Jack's eyes widened, and was shocked.  Pregnant? It kind of what Jack was thinking about asking after they got married.

To be honest, Jack didn't know if he was ready for a wife, none-the-less a child. 

Apparently, Jack took too long to respond, because (Y/N) said, "O-oh, you didn't even want a child. Nevermind, I'll just go-"

A hand grabbed her wrist, stopping her from leaving. Jack took her waist and pulled her in, holding her in his bear-like grasp.

"J-Jack, I-I.. uh!" (Y/N) stuttered. It got through her head finally that Jack really cared for her, and wasn't neglecting her, like the girl's home she was in as a young child.

She started crying and latched on to Jack's suit like how a tazor did. His grip loosened and took her hand, placed the ring on her finger.

Jack gently, but passionately kissed (Y/N), and caressed her face with his soft hands.

+++

"Sir, the young lady has become pregnant, what do we do?" A lady said. "Let her give birth to the brat and then kill her, idiot!" Said the same man that was talking earlier.

"I, Shiratori, will show vengeance, after what (Y/N) did to me!" He touched the scar on his chest and neck. "No one will, ever...."

+++

Hi everyone! Sorry this Chapter took so long to make! I haven't had a chance to update any story at all! And apologies for it being short!

Farewell!

-Mayaa Carver