~ Epilogue ~

The Riley twins were married together on a warm, though slightly drizzly day, in the summer of 1815.

Matthew and Miranda Westbrook honeymooned in Rome for three weeks, while Eugene and Isabel Dunsworth were content to spend a few days in Bath before returning to their new home.

Isabel was kept ignorant of she and her husband's home, he wanted the first time she saw it to be when he 'carried her through the door'. She lamented a mite too often how desperately she would miss her sister now they were both married and living their separate lives, how far Southamptons was from Tenby, how lonely Papa must be with his girls both gone so suddenly. Eugene eventually commented that if she continued bemoaning such things so often he would begin to think she was having regrets marrying him. He was very quickly convinced otherwise.

The carriage curtains were drawn the full way home after their stay in bath; Isabel was giddy with excitement and anticipation. They finally came to a halt. 

"Close your eyes and I will lead you out." Dunsworth instructed with a bit of a smile in his voice.

Isabel obeyed.

"There, you may look." 

Isabel Dunsworth stood in shock as she looked upon the manor before her. "Why, Eugene, it is McLoughlin!" She spun around, searching the surrounding hills, pointing exuberantly. "Oh! Oh it is McLoughlin Manor! There is Tenby, and there is Thornhill in the distance!" beginning to shed bright tears against her will she fell into her husband's arms, kissing his cheeks. "I feel all the more guilty for wailing on and on about how I will miss my friends and family. I ruined our honeymoon for naught." 

"Not in the least, my dear." reassured he, looking mightily pleased. "It made surprising you all the sweeter." 

"I love you!" 

"And I, you." Grinned he, lacing his fingers with hers as they walked towards their new home.