2 • It's been fun

・✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚💛Loser POV💛*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・

It'd been a few days since our meetup now, and it certainly hadn't been our last.

After what had happened, I'd explained to Pin that I just wanted to get to know Leafy better; And really, it's nothing but the truth!
I've gotten more than used to the constant, endless praise and attention from everyone by now, so of course it'd struck me as odd when she would barely even look at me. I wouldn't have minded at all if it weren't for the fact that, before those strange aliens grouped us together for a game show a few weeks ago, she always seemed to be alone.

I couldn't stop my curiosity from purposefully hanging out around her, and that helped me learn a bit more:

She was an awfully nice person!

When she wasn't alone, she'd go from person to person to ask about their day, give a compliment, or even offer help with something.

It wouldn't always go well, however, as many of those people seem uncomfortable or disgruntled by her presence.

I noticed she mostly chatted with Woody and Pin, so I assume they're good friends.

Now that I've got to personally know her better, I'm even more curious!
It had only been a few minutes into our first meetup when she'd started crying after I called her my friend, so I felt understandably worried. I know I shouldn't be too nosy, but now that she really is my friend I want to help her get more comfortable around friendship! And I might just be succeeding!

You see, it wasn't long before she got more comfortable around me and started to talk more! Maybe it was around our 3rd meeting where I learned that she could talk a lot. If she wasn't talking about her day or something interesting she'd heard she would spout fun facts about anything that seemed to come to her mind. I couldn't find it annoying or boring even if I tried! I was usually the one that took care of talking when I was surrounded by friends, so listening in and nodding to what she had to say felt like a nice change of pace. This was... fun. The way she moved her hands when she talked, how she sounded so passionate and confident, the curious shine in her eyes, and- Well, the point is, every meetup with her had been very nice!

Today, out by the cliff overlooking the Goiky Canal, she started talking to me about a very close friend of hers;

Firey.

This made me feel very confused, since I'd never seen them talk to each other before, and Firey's never even mentioned her to me before either, yet Leafy laughed and smiled when she recalled to me about all the time they spent together; Playing out in the sun, pranking the old announcer, drawing on the dirt, and making up constellations on the stars, where they first became friends.

"We immediately got along after that, you know." She smiled, her gaze fixed on the sky. "We wouldn't spend a moment apart, and I'd never felt happier." Even if she was talking about pleasant memories, she had this melancholic expression the whole time. What'd gone wrong?

"...What happened?" I gasped when I realized I'd said that outloud- "S-Sorry!! You don't have to answer if it's personal, I-"

"No, Loser, it's fine! It's just," Leafy laughed a little. "I don't know either."

I tilted my head to the side, confused. "What do you mean?"

"When I came back to Goiky, on their second season, he acted like he didn't even know me!" She frowned now. "At first I thought it was because I was made of yoyle metal at the time, but Bubble and Pin managed to recognize me just fine when they didn't even hesitate to try and kill me." She huffed, crossing her arms. "But I just know he's pretending."