1 • Why Do They Like Him?

・✭˚・✧*・゚*✭・゚✧*・゚🍃Leafy POV🍃*✭・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・*✭˚・

"Alright, Leafy! Let's go!"

I'd already begun walking before Loser called me over, leaving a mumbling Pin behind.

Could you blame me? Of course not! I was so excited for our private meetup, I couldn't help but talk a little louder or flutter my arms around a lot more than usual!

Goodness, it had been- how long since I'd hung out with a friend like this? Sure, I'd hang out with Woody and Pin sometimes, and more recently now my teammates, but that was mostly me initiating our conversations and sticking around them like glue.

It's hard to get anyone to talk to you when you do something like steal Dream Island and threaten to stab everyone- But!!
This time, Loser invited me!!! I didn't invite him!! Out of all the friends he had (which was practically everyone, really), he'd chosen me!!! That sure made me feel special! Not that I wasn't already, being the nicest person in the world and everything.

I'll admit, though, I often feel... horribly jealous of Loser.

He always has people around him! Everyone seems to love him! But why?
I'm way nicer than him- and taller too! Sure, I did the island thing, but that was soooo long ago and now I'm even nicer!! I've made sure of that by keeping track of everything I do and say, so I can't be wrong!
...So what's so special about Loser?
I looked at him as he walked beside me in silence to try and find the answer to that.

He didn't look uncomfortable or anything, no, he looked content.

Sure, his smile felt warm just by looking at it, the sun made his cubic body look as if it were slightly glowing, his eyes had a certain twinkle in them, and his voice- wait-

"...afy? Leafy?? Are you ok?"

"Huh?"

"You're staring.. Is there something on my face?"

I felt my face heat up with pure embarrassment when I realized he'd noticed.

"A-Ah! I spaced out, sorry!!"

I immediately looked away after apologizing, but I could still hear Loser quietly giggle after an 'it's alright!', which reaaaaally didn't help my silly red face right now!!

How does anyone like this guy?

"Either way, I was going to ask if you wanted to stop for some ice cream first! We've still got time, and it's a nice day today!"

He spoke as if I wasn't just creepily staring.

That's really nice of him! Not nice enough, though.

"Ice cream? Uhm- Sounds good!"

I fidgeted a little.

Why did I feel so nervous all of a sudden? This was just a private meetup between the two of us friends! At least I want to believe we're friends now, since we haven't spoken much at all, but he didn't seem to hate me! Especially now that he's invited me out like this!

Maybe Pin should have come along, then it probably wouldn't be so awkward.

But then again, she'd probably be all over him the whole time, so I'd have to be alone anyway-

"Speaking of which, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?"

"Hmmm... Well, I think all of them are equally good! I couldn't choose just one to be my favorite!!"