The Resurrection of The Light

"What the hell do you mean she's gone?" Lee yelled.

"What does it sound like? She's not in the room anymore." Arthur quipped back, becoming increasingly annoyed.

Lee ran to the stockroom, you weren't there. Then to his father's room, you weren't there either. Mr. Rinascita was sleeping. Lee hoped he wouldn't be woken.

Panic rose in Lee, it felt suffocating. He pushed the door open, shouting your name into the street, looking both ways and searching for your face upon the scatters of people. No response. Arthur came down the steps, holding his gun in hand, the air around him was heavy and electric.

"Where'd you take her?" Arthur growled at Lee. Lee turned around in the street, glaring at him.

"You think I know?" Lee laughed, his voice dripping with venom. The cool air fell over him, but he was nothing but calm.

Arthur pulled him into the general store by the collar of his shirt, Lee stumbled but didn't fall, choking and sputtering on air.

"You think I'm scared of you, outlaw?" Lee spat at him, catching his breath.

"You should be, boy." Arthur told him.

"I'm surprised she married a man like you."

"You don't know the first thing about her then." Arthur scoffed.

It was like a standoff. The two men glaring at each other with pure rage.

"She's never done anything like this before. The second you show up, she goes missing." Lee excused Arthur.

"You really think I'd abduct my own wife?"

"I'm sure you've done a hell of a lot worse than that."

"You're right. I have. That means I won't have any qualms about putting a bullet right between your eyes either. But lucky for you, I care about my wife, so I won't do that." Arthur told him, slowly lowering his gun.

Lee remained silent, narrowing his eyes at Arthur.

"We have to find her." Lee told Arthur. Arthur nodded, setting aside his hatred for Lee for a moment's notice.

"We'll make a report for her at the station. The police officers will know what to do." Lee suggested.

"No, police won't do anything. I'll find her myself." Arthur grumbled already walking out the door.

"You'll get lost out there!" Lee shouted. He didn't care if Arthur got hurt out there, but he knew you cared for him deeply, why however, he wasn't sure.

"I've tracked her down before. She never goes far." Arthur chuckled bitterly, standing in the street.

Lee was silent for a moment.

"I'm coming with you." Lee told him with confidence.

Arthur turned to Lee, raising a brow.

"Boy, you don't know what's out there. I'm sure she's gotten herself into some sort of trouble already. Do you even know how to handle a gun?" Arthur asked him. Lee was angry, Arthur was talking down to him like a dog.

"No, but I'm sure I could learn. Besides with you, tough mountain man, I'm sure I wouldn't need it."

Arthur scoffed, but held open the door for him.

"Wait, I.. I have to check on my dad." Lee said, worry filling him. Arthur was halfway out the door, ready to leave Lee behind.

"Wait! Please!"