Chapter Twenty-Two

Victory was theirs. Soon enough the Alluvian Royal Ship had caught up to them, ready to fight, but the army was shocked to find out that their very own Princess was the heroine of the day. The soldiers made quick work of arresting all of the guards that were strewn across the place and Korian, who shouted curses at Aurora as he was dragged from the scene. Another Royal Navy ship halted the lifeboat of scoundrels who went after the girls, as the King had ordered a whole fleet to follow the Aubriemian's. Dusty was on that boat, and hung his head as he was led to exile.

All of the kidnapped women had been collected from the water and were inside one of the Royal ships being served the finest tea and soup, being warmed up from the chilly outside world.

Theo was already safe, as he had defeated the guard with the help of the other kidnapped girls they had saved, who stayed behind waiting for them. He was in awe of Aurora when he saw her in control of Korian, although he was not surprised as it was no secret that she was a remarkable woman.

"Aurora! Oh Aurora!" Her mother wept as she raced to her daughter who was shivering on the top deck.

Someone had placed a blanket around her shoulders as she was guided onto an Alluvian ship, but as she was soaked through, it did little to warm her. Luckily it had stopped raining, but the wind was bitter and sharp, promising to freeze her to the core.

"Mother!" She exclaimed happily, as she was pulled into her arms.

The Queen would not let her go for ten whole minutes, sobbing, crying and promising she would never let her out of her sight ever again. Her traumatised father hugged them both from behind, and the three were soon joined by Aurora's brothers Cassian, Zion and Henri who were glad that their youngest sister was safe again.

"We were so worried about you Aurora." Zion murmured as he embraced his sister affectionately.

"We were but we had no need to be, you are an incredible woman Aurora! I am proud to be your brother." Cassian smiled warmly, and Henri was quick to agree.

"Thank you my brothers." Aurora replied with an embarrassed smile as her mother finally let her go.

"Still she should have never been in that situation." Her mother sniffed. "That boy will pay dearly for what he has done to our daughter and kingdom!"

"It was only Korian mother, not the whole of Aubriemia. Princess Nijah is heartbroken and shocked at the news of her brother's betrayal." Henri pointed out.

"We shall sort out everything tomorrow. Let us get Aurora inside, checked by the doctor and warmed now, and we shall discuss what is to be done later." The King sighed as he guided his precious daughter inside.

She was too beautiful for her own good.

"Please father, do not take this out on the King of Aubriemia. I am sure he will be shocked, just like Nijah, who is a dear friend of mine." Aurora pleaded as she heard some of the men passing by discussing the possibility of a war.

"We will examine the situation tomorrow my dear, do not stress about anything." Her mother cooed, although she was thirsty for blood and retribution for the precious hours she had lost with her daughter yet again.

Her words did not ease the unsettled feeling in Aurora's stomach. It is always the innocent who suffer in war.

"Aurora!"

She gasped as she heard her name being called, and pulled out of her mother's protective wings as soon as she saw Theo.

She had not had much of a chance to speak to him since they were rescued, as he was whisked off to the doctor for his injuries moments before her parents arrived.