Part 8: Alice winters is her real name.

A/N IMPORTANT!! I Have changed the ages of everyone in the book to 17, but Mandy is 42. I changed the ages to they could drive, although Mason and Alice don't have a car yet, but they do have their licences. If that confuses anyone just let me know and I will clarify it. Thanks!

Part 8: Alice Winters is her real name.

JOE'S POV

"So what are we going to do the project on? We could do cupcake flavours, favourite sport, computer games? Ohh there's so many things to chose from!" Alice Winters is currently sitting across from me looking expectant as she waits for my answer.

"I don't care as long as we get it done and an A."

"Alright, mr bad boy. I'll chose then we will meet up after school and work on it. Okay?"

"Yeah, sure." I look up at her, usually I don't have much to do with people like her, I don't think I have actually heard of a Alice Winters. I look at her more closely she looks familiar, I have seen her before maybe earlier today.

"Alice?"

"Yeah?"

"Do I know you?"

"I suppose you do, why?"

I know now! It's nerd! Why did I not pick it before? I have never took any notice of Alice Winters, I've only taken notice of nerd...the girl I have had a crush on since forever, the girl I continue to make fun of, just to get her to notice me. Up until now I never knew her name, I've only had the nickname for her...

"Don't worry." I tell her. She looks at me then back to the work. I can't concentrate on anything she's saying, there are so many things flowing through my mind, and i feel dizzy.

"Okay so I think we should get together straight after school at Mix a Bean, you know the coffee shop just down the road?" I nod my head. "Great, we'll do the project on-" before she was finished the bell went signalling that it's the end of class I get up out of my seat and walk towards the door.

I would usually leave the class first and today I can't wait to leave the class, I have drama next and all I do is sit at the back of the auditorium and play on my phone, but today thinking seams like the best option. There are so many things running trough my mind, Alice is nerd, my crush actually has a name and the name isn't nerd, I guess that I'm so used to saying nerd I've completely forgotten her real name.

I don't even put a foot in the door when Miss Silvers starts flirting with me.

"Hi Joe, how have you been?" She come up to me and trails a hand down my arm, blinking her eyes like she has something in there, some girls do it because it 'looks cute' but honestly I can only think of one person who can actually pull it off, and that's nerd, she looks like a godess with amazing body and perfect looks, nobody can beat her, in my opinion anyway.

"I was absolutely amazing before I came in here. So please excuse me, I'm going to get as far as I can away from you." I turn to leave, I got about a metre but she grabs my arm and pulls me back to her, she leans up towards my face. She is about a head shorter than me and seeing her reach puts a smile on my face, she obviously takes it the wrong way because she licks her lips making them moist and leans to go in for a kiss and I pull my hand back and hurrying out of the auditorium towards my car.

When I see my car all the memories from earlier comes back. Nerd and I in the office, her flirting with me, me wanting to kiss her so badly it hurt, then she messed with my feelings when she left me waiting for 15 minutes in the schools parking lot and when she didn't show I got angry and stormed into maths. I tried to embarrass her and she ends up embarrassing me, it's not fair, but it's one of he many things I like about her, she can stand me up and as soon as I see her I loosen up and I can't be angry at her anymore.

*****

I walked into the cafeteria feeling better, after I stormed out of drama class I went to my car and ended up falling asleep, so now it is halfway during lunch and all the good food is gone. I grab a strawberry milk and an apple, I pay for it and walk over to my table, our school is what you call cliche, we have the populars, the geeks or nerds, jocks and my group and I. I could be in the popular group, or even the jocks but I don't like the bitchiness of the populars and the jocks taste in girls. I sit with my friends, Rhys, Arden, Lilly, and Ben. Arden and Lilly are girls and Rhys and Ben are boys, they're my friends but not my best friends, they don't know anything about my life at home, and I'm glad they don't. Our group is not 'out there' but people do look us weirdly, but I suppose that is because Lilly and Arden are 'goths' and Ben and Rhys are jocks and I'm the bad boy, so supposedly we aren't meant to mix but we all fit together perfectly in some strange way.

People call me the 'bad boy' cause I'm secretive, a little mean, and I shut people out, but I'm still nice to people and I'm trustworthy, but it's just I don't trust anyone anymore, that's why I push people away, and is secretive, if anyone found out what my life is like at home I would be pitied and and probably be taken away and I would have to live with my grandparents, not that it would be bad but I still don't want it.

"Joe, Joe! Listen to me, when I'm talking to you!" A familiar voice called. Taking a look around I see nerd looking worried and she has a hand in my shoulder, obviously she has been shaking me.

"What do you want nerd?!" I probably say that a little harshly but who wouldn't when you has just previously zoned out for like five minutes.

"Jeesh no need to be rude, since you called me nerd again and not Alice does that mean you don't like me anymore?" She asks almost hurt.

"No of course I still like you, I guess that I forgot your name again." Of course I didn't forget your name, I remember it clearly now. Wait I said I liked her. Shit! She wasn't meant to know that. "Wait no I don't like you, it came out wrong, why would I like you, you're not my type anyway." So smooth Joe, so smooth.

"Oh I just thought we were getting somewhere when you called me by real name. Anyway you should have seen your face, you were like 'oh shit did honestly just say that'. You looked hilarious!" She laughed and I start walking away. After her laughter subsided, she noticed I was gone, I was only about 10 metres away when she started yelling and running after me. "Wait! Slow down! I didn't mean that!" When she caught up to me she was panting.

"Are you seriously panting after that short run?" I asked, shocked.

"I'm not that fit, don't judge me."

"I'm not judging. Why'd you want to talk to me anyway?" I ask.

"I wanted to ask you if you would be able to give me a ride to the coffee shop after school, I was running late and I don't have have a car. So would you be able to take me?" She looks at me hopefully.

"Yeah, sure. Well, ah, I got to go, I'll see you after school." I said as I began to walk away to my table.

****

A/N Hey everyone I know I said in the last chapter that there was going to be Rach and Nick action. but that kinda changed. :D

tthis was kinda a filler chapter, I promise the next chapter will be better.

What did you think? Vote, or comment please.

Also thanks to everyone who has voted or commented, they make my day!

Luv Ya