'I-I promise'

Soon enough a Frank pulls up and I walk over to his car opening the off drivers door.
"Hey where did you go? I checked your house before I went to look at mine for you," He asks turning to look at me, his hands still on the steering wheel.
"I went to the park, I just needed some time alone to breathe sorry," I say looking straight ahead.
"Oh okay, you alright?"
"Uhuh I'm fine," I chew my lip.
He nods and backs out of the driveway. The ride is silent to the hospital. I get out as Frank locks the door. I hit floor three and wait for the lift.
"You sure your okay?" Frank asks.
I turn to study him, his eyebrow is raised in question and his hair is messy like he hasn't brushed it in a while.
"I'm fine," I reply with a half hearted smile.
He nods a little uncertain as the door slides open. I walk in and Gerard looks up with a huge grin on his face. I do my best to return it and walk over. He pulls my onto the bed by my hand. Gee wraps his arms around my waist and I rest my head against his chest letting a few tears free.
"Well leave you two alone for a bit," Mikey says.
The door shuts and Gerard lifts my chin up with his index finger, "Did you do anything?"
I shake my head and chew my lip. He moves one of his arms to hold my left arm. I wince and his eyes widen.
"Em..."
I clench my jaw and bury my head in his chest as he rolls my sleeve up.
"You stomach too?"
I mumble against his chest and he wraps his arms tightly around my waist breathing into my hair.
"S-sorry," I murmur.
"It's okay just don't ever again okay?"
"Okay."
"No, you have to promise me Em," He says pushing me away a little so he can see my face.
"I-I promise," I stumble letting fresh tears down my cheeks.
He nods, "Don't cry otherwise you'll make me cry."
I giggle lightly and he chuckles. Gee wipes them away with the back of his hand before pressing his lips softly to mine.
He pulls away and looks me dead in the eyes, "I love you."
"I love you too," I smile and he returns it.
He pulls me close to his chest again and buries his head in the crook of my neck. I hug him back around his middle.
The door opens and I move my head to see who it is. A female nurse along with Frank and Mikey. I lean up and peck Gee's lips before sliding off his lap.
"Alright we're just going to run some tests okay?" The lady says resting her hands on the end of the bed.
Gerard stretches to reach my hand and gives it a little squeeze before he's wheeled out. I plonk down on the chair and Frank smirks at me.
"What?" I ask frowning.
"Oh nothing," Frank laughs.
"Just ignore him," Mikey laughs sitting down on the chair next to me.
I nod smiling, "Do you think they'll let him out today?"
"Hard to say depending on if they need to keep an eye of him for a day or so," Mikey shrugs.
I nod chewing my lip. My eyelids grow heavy.
I lean my head back against the wall. The door opens and Gerard is wheeled in.
"Alright so were going to keep you for one day just to monitor you but you'll be free to go tomorrow afternoon if all goes well," The nurse smiles as she scribbles down something onto a clipboard.
My eyes close just the same a the door.
"Get some sleep Em," Gerard reaches for my hand.
I nod and pull my chair to his bedside. He makes small circles on the top of my hand while I let my eyes close falling asleep almost instantly.