Chapter 4: Aftermath

Start from the beginning

---------------------------------------------------------

Isaac walked down the corridor of the West Wing. The once clean and spotless hallway was anything but. Dead bodies littered the floor, limbs missing and inside spread crossed the floor. Isaac had seen the sight too many time to count but he still didn't like seeing it.

He looked down the corridor to see no one there. Whoever had been banging on the door was long gone, only leaving Isaac alone with the bloodbath.

He stayed alert. He was defenceless, no Plasma Cutter, TK or Stasis module and his R.I.G showed a low solid red. He had nothing save for the suit. All the stuff he needed was in the armoury. He needed to get there first then would come the escape but there were a lot of places between him and the armoury.

With a hunched posture, he continued to his destination.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus Christ"

Isaac was peaking around the corner. Isaac felt bile rise in his throat, even this was too much for him. A feeling of dread had grown as he moved through the corridors and as he turned the corner his dread was justified.

"Eat! Eat more!"

A man with a sack covering his head was currently devouring a corpse. Pulling and tear flesh from the dead body and stuffing it into his mouth and, by the look of it, he had been doing this for a while. Next to all the corpses around him were picked clean, leaving only a pool of blood and roughly chewed bones.

Isaac brought his head back around the corner and tried to recall his name, he vaguely recognized the voice.

'What was his name?" He asked himself. 'Something Tabe?'

The sound of eating abruptly stopped and heavy footsteps replaced them. Isaac peeked back around the corner. Tabe was walking in the opposite direction with swayed and zombie-like motion. Isaac let out a sigh of relief then stepped around the corner.

Snap

Isaac looked down. His foot had landed on a bone and the sheer weight of the Suit caused it to snap In half with a heart-stopping crack.

"Fuck"

Tabe's slow footsteps stopped. Isaac slowly looked up from the floor and to the other end of the hallway. Tabe was staring at him, his eyes frantic and hungry. The smile of the helmet hid Isaac's fear.

"Food?" Tabe asked, his voice hose and unhinged.

"No?" Isaac responded, taking a step back.

Tabe titled his head, looking at Isaac as if he was a piece of meat. Tabe mouthed some words to himself then his eyes suddenly became feral.

"FOOD!" Tabe shrieked. The man charged at Isaac with the speed of a Twitcher.

Isaac only had time to dodge to the side as Tabe jumped at him, gnashing his teeth at him. Tabe flew past Isaac and into the wall behind the engineer with a heavy collision, dasing the deranged man. Isaac pushed himself off the floor and ran down the corridor, retracing his helmet so he could breathe probably. Tabe quickly recovered and chased after him.