Chapter 32 - Goodbye

Third person's P.O.V.

"AHHHHH!" 

"River NOOOO!" The Doctor screamed, in anguish.

"Hahahaha!" River Song laughed, as she pressed the buttons of her teleport. The white light filled the room, as she teleported to another place.

"No. No. NO! Who's hurt? Is everybody alright?" The Doctor asked, in a rushed and panicked voice. "ANSWER ME!" He shouted, spinning to face them.

"I'm fine." Rory's voice called out.

"Amy? Amy, are you alright?"

"I think so," Amy replied, in a worried voice.

"You think so? Well did you get shot?" The Doctor asked as he stood in front of her.

"No. I don't feel anything wrong."

"But it was a girl's scream! And you weren't shot and Madison was..... behind... us..." The Doctor said as realisation dawned on him.

"She's clearly a good shot then!" Maddy laughed, in a weak voice.

"MADISON!" The Doctor shouted, crouching beside the wounded Time Lord.

Madison's P.O.V.

"MADISON!" The Doctor shouted, crouching beside me.

"That's me!" I laughed, before groaning in pain.

River had shot me. Right through my right heart. My best heart too! Guess she got what she always wanted; I was dying. And boy, did it ever hurt!

"How can you make jokes at a time like this?" The Doctor asked, pulling out his Sonic Screwdriver. Ah, how I will miss that magic stick!

"Quite easily! Always do when I'm dying." I joked, earning a serious look from The Doctor.

"Don't. You're not dying! Don't even say that." He argued, wavering the Sonic over me.

"I am Doctor and we both know it! So please do us all a favour and for once in your life, don't lie!" I said, in a stern voice.

"Sorry, Maddy. I am so sorry! This is all my fault!" The Doctor replied, holding my spare hand.

"Hey, no it isn't! Don't you ever say that! Ever, Doctor!" I said, starting to cry.

"But it is! I had to marry her! I'm the one who put you in danger!" He argued, wiping away some of my tears.

"It was not your fault! Don't you ever believe that! I was the one who fell in love with you! It's my own fault! Please never live on without me, feeling it was your own fault!"

"Don't say that! I can't live without you Madison! Please. Please, don't leave me alone." The Doctor begged, as his tears began to fall.

"I'm sorry, Doctor. You know I'm dying. This is one battle I will have to lose! I..AHHH!" I yelped in pain, as death began its overtake of my body.

"Maddy? Madison, no not yet! Please, not yet!" The Doctor panicked, moving my head and shoulders onto his lap.

"No...It's just pain. I would say I've got about 3 minutes!" I laughed, placing her left hand against her right heart.

"I don't want you to go! Please don't go!" The Doctor cried.

"What and you think I want to? No offence Doctor, but death isn't a thing I thought I would have to face!" I joked, earning a small smile from The Doctor.