chapter one:burns and scars

Two years ago
"Come on Lucy, I know you can drive better than that." Natsu said smirking into his walkie talkie.

"Don't get cocky Natsu I am right on your Fairy Tail." Lucy shot back making a joke to his signature symbol on his car.

Natsu and Lucy were racing 2 cars with imported engines and they were losing so it was more of a race between lovers Natsu and Lucy.

"When I beat you you owe me a romantic dinner and a night I will never forget." Lucy said as she was starting to pass him locking eyes with him and neither looking at the road and easily racing with no problems.

"Don't I do that anyways? Baby you will never find a man you makes you feel as good as I do." Natsu said smirking and biting his lip watching her then back to the road speeding up again.

Lucy didn't reply she just showed her skills on the road it was a sort of foreplay for them watching each other drive, it has always been that way since they first met watching how the other drove their cars was evident of how they were in bed and their first night their suspicions were true they both made love the same way they drove their cars.

For 4 years now Natsu and Lucy have been inseparable, that is until today.

"NATSU." His girlfriends frantic voice ringing through the walkie sprang into defensive mode while keeping his actions on the road.

"What's wrong?" He asked frantic looking around for trouble eyeing three cars following them at break neck speed.

"It's Cortez." Lucy sand out in worry for her boyfriend.

'Cortez' Natsu said under his breath, Cortez was a 'business' man that Natsu drove for when he met Lucy but he quit when he wanted to be with her and spend his time racing with his friends, and Cortez was not happy about losing his best driver for a 'stupid whore' as he put it which earned him quite the beating from Natsu. Cortex retaliated by putting a call out for his head.

"You gotta get out of here. GO" Lucy screamed out of his walkie.

"What about you?" Natsu asked.

"I'll be fine just go. I will call you when the coast is clear to return." He heard her scream lovingly to him making him be calm as he zoomed away from his girl turning down an alley, while Lucy zoomed past with one of the cars following her and the other 2 following him.

After a good 10 minutes Natsu was able to lose them and he was on his way out of town when his phone rang as the walkie was out of range.

"Lucy you ok?" He asked frantically.

"Yeah I am fine, I lost them." She tried to sound tough but he could hear her tears.

"Don't worry babe I will be back for you I promise." He said with worry and a smile.

"I know you will. I will call you when you can return."

Natsu was hearing strange noises in the background that sounded like liquid dripping and fire crackling.

"Lucy where are you at?" He asked with concern.

"I parked the car and ran into hobo territory to hide." Hearing this made him calm.

"OK at least your safe."