CHAPTER NINETEEN: I Want You To

Jenny's POV

"We're going to have to do stitches in Mike's head," the doctor was saying just as I walked in. My mouth hung open and my knees began to buckle. I crumbled to the floor, crying uncontrollably.

"It's gonna be alright, baby. It's gonna be fine and he'll be better in no time," Peter said to me, wrapping me in a hug. I clung to him and never wanted to let go.

"Heya, guys what's going on?" a groggy voice said from behind me. I whipped around and realized it was Mike. I ran to him, kissing him all over his face.

"Mike! I missed you!" I said. Mike lifted his hand and brushes my face.

"I never thought I'd see that beautiful face again," he said, a weak smile on his lips. "I've missed you," he said, trying to kiss me. I bent down and kissed him. I put my lips close to his ear and said, "I'm sorry to say this but, I have to give Peter a chance."

"It's okay. You have to choose and if you only spend time with me, you'll obviously choose me," he said in a hoarse whisper. "Plus, I don't think I'll be getting out any time soon."

"You're too gentle. I always end up hurting you. I hate hurting you," I said, lightly brushing his lips with mine.

"It's worth it in the end," he said, smiling.

"If you say so," I said, kissing his forehead. "I'll come visit you soon."

"Okay. Bye beautiful," he said with a wink.

"Oh yea. We're adopting Valleri," I said.

"Really? I'm going to be a father!" he exclaimed, very happy.

"Yes you will be. See you soon, goofball," I called over my shoulder as I walked out of the room. Peter was waiting outside the door.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Mike woke up," I said and couldn't help but smile.

"Oh," he said sadly. "I guess that ends us hanging out then."

"No it doesn't," I said. "We still get to hang out. I just have to visit Mike every now and then."

"Oh! Yay!" he said, clapping his hands and jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Shhh! You have to quiet down until we get out of the hospital," I said, placing my hand over his mouth. I could still hear his muffled giggles.

We quickly went out the front doors of the hospital and ran to the car. The rest of the guys and Valleri were sitting there, waiting. Peter climbed in the front seat and I took my place next to Micky.

"So what happened?" he asked.

"Mike woke up," I said, smiling again.

"And was he the same?" Micky asked, doing a really bad job of hiding his excitement.

"Yea. He actually was," I said, remembering the events from earlier. Some how, we had driven all the way back to the hotel. I hopped out and so did everyone else. Micky, Davy, and Valleri all ran back inside the hotel but Peter and I stayed standing there. Peter was staring at me.

"What?" I asked gently.

"I want to kiss you so bad but I don't feel it's my place," he said, kicking a pebble with the tip of his shoe.

"I want you to," I squeaked.

"What?" he asked, suddenly looking at me.

"I want you to," I said again but a bit louder this time. He walked up to me and took both of my hands in his. He looked at them for a few seconds the dropped them. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. He leaned in and I thought he was going to kiss me but he went to my ear instead.

"Are you sure?" he whispered. I could hear him breathing heavily from the intensity of the moment. I nodded but he didn't see it.

"Yes," I said quietly. He pulled his face back from my ear. He looked in my eyes for a moment and I was dying from the suspense. He placed his lips on mine, as if feeling them. As if they were unfamiliar. Soon, he kissed me for real, full of passion. The kind of kiss that would take my breath away. But it didn't.

[*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*][*]

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I know it's kind of awful but thanks for reading anyways!! Thanks so much for getting me to 1.38K!!! THAT'S AMAZING!! Thanks for reading!! =